What's new

Trouble with Carbolic Soap Co.

*******The package arrived today, thanks to James for re-sending my order!!!*********

I am still waiting on an order I placed for Mitchell's wool fat refills from Carbolic Soap Co. in the UK. It's about a month, and after two weeks went by I emailed them, and was told the order was probably lost and that they would promptly re-shipp the order. Almost two weeks since then and I'm about to contact them again. Has anyone else had trouble from this company? Are there any sources in the States that carry Mitchell's?

Wow, 17.21 for a Mitchell's soap REFILL plus 7 bucks for shipping! I'm in the wrong business. Carbolic has the refills for like five bucks and shipping INTERNATIONAL was only 4.50 Quite a deal IF I ever see the product...

That's the thing, isn't it. If you don't see the product and/or Carbolic causes you tons of aggravation, isn't it worthwhile to spend a few more bucks & have a good experience?

Shaving Essentials is a reputable, dependable vendor with amazing customer service. That's the thing you can't really put a monetary value on.

Good luck -- hope you see your order from Carbolic!

That's the thing, isn't it. If you don't see the product and/or Carbolic causes you tons of aggravation, isn't it worthwhile to spend a few more bucks & have a good experience?

Shaving Essentials is a reputable, dependable vendor with amazing customer service. That's the thing you can't really put a monetary value on.

Good luck -- hope you see your order from Carbolic!

It's true, I suppose the question then is do I WANT to spend 24 dollars for a puck! My answer is no, someone else would say yes.

But to the question, do I WANT to order something and wait over a month before I see it? Also no!

It's true, I suppose the question then is do I WANT to spend 24 dollars for a puck! My answer is no, someone else would say yes.

But to the question, do I WANT to order something and wait over a month before I see it? Also no!

You are in quite a pickle my friend.:biggrin:

You are in quite a pickle my friend.:biggrin:

If the pleasure derived from saving the money is greater than the frustration caused by shipping delay than the time spent weighting was worth it. All you need to do to sort this out is spend some time quantifying your level of frustration for different situations and the pleasure you derive in monetary transactions. once you have your figures simply run a linear regression. See easy:tongue_sm

I had exactly the same issue with Carbolic last September. After waiting for over three weeks, I emailed and was told they couldn't track international orders. Two more rounds of emails, and they (James) refunded my purchase price -- but I would have rather had the MWF!

If the pleasure derived from saving the money is greater than the frustration caused by shipping delay than the time spent weighting was worth it. All you need to do to sort this out is spend some time quantifying your level of frustration for different situations and the pleasure you derive in monetary transactions. once you have your figures simply run a linear regression. See easy:tongue_sm

Ha! Although you'd be onto something if it were a situation where i NEEDED the product. Nice to have a leisurely hobby that doesn't demande anything from me (now that I have plenty soaps and creams!):smile:

Work up some figures for me...

Just pay a few bucks more and get it on time. What's the point in wasting time and getting yourself and others frustrated?

You probably missed the group buy, decent price, and delivered as promised.

Kent are also selling the soap in the old wooden bowl pretty cheaply on ebay under their shop Kentbrushes. They will ship worldwide too.

Top Bottom