What's new

avon

Anyone have any thoughts on the aftershave offered by avon called wild country? It has been around for ever and i just smelled a sample of it from my local avon rep, it smelled pretty good as an old scholl aftershave. Right now it is on sale for $8.99 so it may be worth trying out.

Wow I got this stuff today and it is strong straight out of the bottle. I put some on my finger and it finished nicely to a softer almost powdery smell. Overall not to bad. I will try to report back when I can actually use it after I shave.

WILD COUNTRY! Now THAT takes me back a few years! Mine came in a bucking bronco decanter -- the silver (plastic) cowboy riding the rootbeer colored glass bronco, which was the bottle. You unscrew the cowboy and decant it from the bronco. It was a pretty stylish looking affair.

A Brokeback moment way before the movie was even a thought.:lol:

Ya know, Wild Country is pretty decent stuff. I still have an little bottle of it shaped like an old automotive oil can. I think Basenotes even gives WC pretty good reviews.

Ok I finally used this stuff last night, and boy did it burn:bayrum2:, but it was a good burn. This stuff is has a good nostalgic scent and will be in my small but growing rotation of aftershaves. Definitely worth the $8.99.

I think the Avon scents are very under-rated. Unfortunately both the Wild Country and my favourite (Musk) are no longer available in the UK:mad3:

Do they make an AS splash or balm in the Mesmerize scent? A kind lady I work with gave me a bottle of Mesmerize for my last b-day, and for being such a cheap fragrance the scent itself sure as hell isn't bad for a woody, spicy oriental. The fragrance has zero complexity, though, very linear.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Is it OK if I laugh? I had a small amount of this. It was free. I believe found it. It's container was a spark plug.

Just saw this thread. Wild Country is very UNDER rated as a scent.

You're right, very nice powdery, yet manly, scent.

My dad wore this for years. For under $10, you cannot go wrong.

Do they make an AS splash or balm in the Mesmerize scent? A kind lady I work with gave me a bottle of Mesmerize for my last b-day, and for being such a cheap fragrance the scent itself sure as hell isn't bad for a woody, spicy oriental. The fragrance has zero complexity, though, very linear.

They do. I have a Mesmerize gift set with a 3.4 oz EDT spray, a 2.5 oz tube of aftershave conditioner balm, a 2.6 oz talcum powder body deoderant, and a 1.7 oz roll on deoderant/anti-perspirant. I used the roll on one time and decided the scent was not for me. I'd be happy to sell it, I doubt I'll ever wear it again.

I also have some old bottles of Cologne called "Savage"(The "Savage" bottle looks like a Brut rip off, with a medallion on a chain around a green bottle) and "Jaguar" which my wife thinks may have been Avon scents. Can anyone confirm? (I know the Jaguar car brand has a fragrance, but this bottle looks nothing like any of the bottles I've seen for the car fragrance.)

I have a Volkswagen bottle completely full of Spicy... I like the scent, but I've not tried to use it. I don't even know how old it is. I've got a bottle of Sports Rally too.

Top Bottom