What's new

What do you drink while smoking?

I like to have a drink while smoking. I typically have a manhattan, but recently I have found that the Sam Adams winter favorites go great with a smoke. What do y'all enjoy during a nice smoke?

Don't get me wrong, a nice cold beer, glass of fine rum or some high grade sake is great. But what I really enjoy is a cup of tea with my pipes. Although black coffee and VaPers go together like peas and carrots.

I mostly don't drink anything when smoking a pipe. If there's some Diet Pepsi left from my supper I might have a sip of it while smoking, but usually I don't want to drink anything until I finish smoking. Then I'll often just have some water.

I wish I could make tequila and pipe tobacco cooperate, but tequila just stomps all over pipe smoke. Cigars keep up with tequila a little better.

Depends on the blend. Mostly I just drink water, but I've been known to have red wine, coffee, tea, or something sweet on occasion.

I'm a whisk(e)y guy. I'll usually pour a finger or two of a good Bourbon, Rye or Scotch (almost always neat) to sip along with a cigar or a pipe. Occasionally I like to mix it up and will drink red wine or Port. When I smoke somewhere that is not BYOB I usually go with Coffee.

I've never found that alcohol and a pipe went well together, with the exception of Guinness, Newcastle, Tillsburg Dutch Brown Ale, or Spatten Optimator. A strong VaPer or Burley blend goes well with those beautiful beers. Cigars always seem more fitting to straight spirits of the brown kind, bourbon, whiskys, rum, anejo tequilas and such. However, all forms of smoking tobacco always seem to go well, if not perfectly, with coffee. I haven't found the same to be true with tea, though I mostly drink English black tea, or Lipton iced tea. The iced tea goes with everything food-wise, the English black tea goes especially well with almond windmill cookies and/or lemon bars.

I like brandy or cognac with a cigar but if there is anything that goes with my pipes I haven't found it. Most everything I've tried burns my tongue.

I mix it up all the time so there is nothing that has really stood out in the past, but recently I picked up a nice bottle of Port, and found that this went fabulously with the pipe! I have had this a few times now and it paired really nicely with couple aromatics I have as well as the Frog Morton!

Top Bottom