What's new

Which Spyderco for EDC?

I have a native and have been looking at getting a Manix for a long time. Very Similar knives, steel should be similar(except in some limited edition models of either) Difference is the locking mechanisms. I really prefer liner locks to the lock back on the Native. I love my Native but it does have a habit of disengaging the lock when I am doing work with it. That being said the Native is a bit simpler as it's just a lock back.
IMO I have my eyes set on acquiring a G10 Manix one of these years....As I prefer G10 to FRN but IMO.

I have a native and have been looking at getting a Manix for a long time. Very Similar knives, steel should be similar(except in some limited edition models of either) Difference is the locking mechanisms. I really prefer liner locks to the lock back on the Native. I love my Native but it does have a habit of disengaging the lock when I am doing work with it. That being said the Native is a bit simpler as it's just a lock back.
IMO I have my eyes set on acquiring a G10 Manix one of these years....As I prefer G10 to FRN but IMO.

I have a feeling that I will ending up getting both eventually! I should re-phrase the question and ask which should I get first?

Out of those two, I'd go with the Manix 2. I carry a Para Military 2 and Endura 4. No issues with either. I do prefer the G10 handles on the Para Military 2 though. They feel more solid and flex less. But I think just about any Spyderco you pick will be rock solid.

This is what I ended up with for my EDC knife. T to B; Manix 2 w/ S110V steel, Caly 3.5 with VG-10 steel, Native 5 with S35VN steel, Dragonfly with VG-10 steel. Now I have an EDC for all occasions. :001_cool:

View attachment 542936

Last edited:
I'll second and third the Delica 4. It's been my EDC for over a year. It replaced a SOG and I never looked back. The VG-10 is great steel.

Last edited:
I have the Domino, Caly3 ZDP, Tasman Salt - SE, Native 5, Manix2, and a Ladybug on my keychain.

I enjoy them all, but my favorite is the Caly3. It is compact in the pocket, the steel is tremendous and that variation of the leaf shape appeals to me like no other.

The rest do get their turns; yardwork is owned by the Tasman (a serrated hawkbill conquers all plant life), the Manix is my all around "big" knife, and the Domino is just so darn fun thanks to the flipper.

I have been bitten by the bug and have a wishlist of Sypderco knives that keeps growing

Great score, enjoy all 4....

Now five (and counting); a Delica with titanium handles, and VG-10 steel sandwiched with Damascus steel ...

$20150129_202131.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Manix with s110v and ended up selling it. I just didnt find that I liked it. To me it just seemed kinda thick in the pocket if that makes any sense.

I prefer my Delica 4 FFG daily and sometimes on the weekends, I will switch it with my PM2 cts-204p. Neither sees much use but for the weekends, my PM2 likes to open packages and mail! :)

I had the Manix with s110v and ended up selling it. I just didnt find that I liked it. To me it just seemed kinda thick in the pocket if that makes any sense.

That does make sense - the Manix is wide. The Native 5 is a nice size, and so is the Delica, as you mentioned. I like all of mine! An EDC for what-ever occasion.

$DSC_0025.jpg

Last edited:
You can't go wrong with the Manix2. If you don't get one now, rest assured that one day you'll wind up with one...
Its a cool knife. I love mine. Its with me most times.

Have the para 2 , manix 2 s110v, manix 2 cru wear, military, endura,delica ,stretch, dragonfly ,native 5 in s110v,police PE g-10,domino,southard.

The domino is my favorite spyderco ever made , with the para 2 coming in a close second. Domino IMO is an improvement over the native in every aspect, and flippers are fun!

Top Bottom