What's new

A Brit asking you guys whats the best American shave cream?

Definitely look into the Art of Shaving sandalwood cream - best sandalwood scent out there (regardless of country of origin). I never really noticed till now, but all my creams with the exception of AoS are international. I guess C.O. Bigelow is American but their cream is relabeled Proraso (Italian).

I have not tried the following but they do get some good pub here on the forums:

- Queen Charlotte Cream - hard density similar to a soft soap
- Al's
- Stone Cottage Soapworks
- Jack Black
- Kiss My Face

As mentioned earlier, it seems we are bit more "soap-centric" in the States.

Fully agree with the USA-made cream suggestions above, eg Al's, AOS, QCS.
Here are some others...
The Gentlemen's Refinery makes excellent creams
Spencer & Devon (extinct?)
LASS (closer to cream than soap, IMO)
Barrister and Mann croaps
St Charles Shave Co soaps are also closer to croaps

the best is, of course, Castle Forbes. As is our custom, we outsourced the actual making of the cream to another country - Scotland.
I would propose C.O. Bigelow in a tube, but outsourced also. To Italy (Proraso). In terms of cream actually made in the US, I've failed to find one worth buying. Sad to say.

Sorry,I can't help you. The British and Italian creams put any American made cream to shame. There used to be a good cream made in Texas(possibly Dallas),but they went 'belly up' last year. I've already forgotten the name 1

Craig

Nancy Boy shaving cream is world class.

+1 on their shave creams and entire product line. I am getting ready to do a reorder on their Ultramarine Night cream (both my wife and I use it), soaps and a travel size each of Signature scent and Replenishing scent shave cream

Top Bottom