What's new

Ink Recommendations

Hello,

So about a month ago I cleaned up and put an old Parker 51 back into use. This was my first vintage fountain pen. I was so impressed with it that I went ahead and found a couple more 51s. I started out with a bottle of Private Reserve ink. It works OK, but I'm not too impressed with it. What are some other ink brands that I should try that work well in the old Aerometric 51s?

Karl

Diamine inks work extremely well in all of my 51s. That's easy to say because their inks work well in all of my pens. Pick a color and have at it.

+1 for Diamine inks, always well behaved inks. I would also recommend Rohrer Klingner inks too well behaved easy clean out plus unique colors.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It's a "51" so use Parker Quink! But there are lots of good ones made by the big pen companies - Waterman, Lamy, Pelikan, Montblanc, Sheaffer Skrip, as well as Japanese inks like Pilot.

Lots of recommendations for Diamine but many seem to bleed through even good papers compared to the above list. FYI, like you, I wasn't impressed with Private Reserve either.

I have been using the same Parker Vacumatic for over 40 years.
I always use Parker Quink.

Nothing fancy. A simple blue/black ink.

The pen seems content.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have a few Parker 51s, Pilot Iroshizuku inks are pricey but have behaved well. I have also used Noodler's (gasp!) Antietem without any adverse issues as of yet.

Thanks for the replies. I ordered up a bunch of samples from the above recommended brands from Goulet Pens. We'll see how they go.

Top Bottom