What's new

favorite regional beer

mine is florida cracker

proxy.php

if you are not familiar, it tastes a lot like Shock Top or blue Moon without the citrus.

Being a bartender in Wisconsin,I've literally had the pleasure of trying hundreds of fine local brews. Lake Louis Warped Speed Scotch Ale and a great winter seasonal Leinenkugel's Snowshoe Vanilla Porter are my favorites right now. Good strong dark beers!!!

Being a bartender in Wisconsin,I've literally had the pleasure of trying hundreds of fine local brews. Lake Louis Warped Speed Scotch Ale and a great winter seasonal Leinenkugel's Snowshoe Vanilla Porter are my favorites right now. Good strong dark beers!!!

Have you ever tried Point?

Not as regional as the brewers within a couple of miles of my house, but I've been enjoying GoodLife Descender recently

$20150102_220755.jpg

-jim

Maximus Saison. (summer beer)

Brewery virtually in our backyard, and the Saison is a good interpretation of the old farmer's beers. In summer, farmers drank "witbier / bière blanche" (depending on the language of the farmer), which evolved into the popular white beers. Fortunately, each region (Southern Netherlands, Flanders, Wallonia) still has some characteristic white beers.

Btw, the old farmer's white beers are not the same as the popular German Weizenbiers (which I also happen to like!)

Last edited:
for the larger i like the Kona breweries.
proxy.php

I'd love to try this one, Wailua Wheat but I don't have any connections in the islands

proxy.php
Kona Longboards are the best. Being that I live in hawaii, it is so easy to find them. I can go to a Costco and get a case of all the different ones.

$ngspottedcow.jpg

Not my photo. New Glarus Spotted Cow is a great little farmhouse ale. I have to drive north as they do not sell in Illinois

Last edited:
Hey guys,

In the speakeasy section, I may be boosting Ontario breweries and distilleries (well, Forty Creek, that is). We've seen an insane boom here in the past few years.

Hard to pick my favourites, but I'll try
2Q==

2Q==

Top Bottom