His and hers au gratin

His
$image.jpg

Hers
$image.jpg

I know you must think this is unfair. Last year I got nuthin'

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
A pot of Texas Red Chili. I used 1 pound of ground venison and a 1 pound of ground turkey. It made for a totally different taste. The venison gave it more of a mild flavor. It turned out great though....very lean.

$IMG_1495.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Venison Texas Red Chili. Au gratin potatoes on the bottom. Pickled jalapeños on top with those crunchy fried onions. Dragons Fury made my nose run.
$image.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That looks like a nice bowl of red Aaron. I would never have thought of putting Au gratin potatoes on top. Sounds nice now I see it, a twist on a cottage pie in a way.
Fire Dragon seems to be the bowl warmers of the week.:thumbup1:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
That looks like a nice bowl of red Aaron. I would never have thought of putting Au gratin potatoes on top. Sounds nice now I see it, a twist on a cottage pie in a way.
Fire Dragon seems to be the bowl warmers of the week.:thumbup1:

The wife followed up on my idea of the Au gratin potatoes on the bottom. I must say, I'm pretty awesome tonight...:laugh:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
The silly season is here and we had a client visit work with a food gift.

This is what he gave each of us in the office....

$20151125_172339.jpg

So I done this with it....

$20151125_174036.jpg

@cleanshaved Nice! Looks good.
We had salmon last night too. Served with jasmine rice, spinach and a mix of shredded papaya, pickled carrots and radishes mixed with Korean chili paste. Kids had their version, tilapia with rice and spinach.

$image.jpg
ftfy

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
[MENTION=35965]otto76[/MENTION] The shredded papaya, pickled carrots and radishes with Korean chili paste sounds like a great side for the salmon.

@otto76 The shredded papaya, pickled carrots and radishes with Korean chili paste sounds like a great side for the salmon.
It went well with it! Wife cooked the salmon in olive oil and sriracha garlic seasoning so it was pretty natural together. Tasty stuff with a little heat. I think salmon and tuna steaks are almost like eating red meat and they pair with all kinds of sides like the awesome spinach salad on your plate.

I spent the last 2 weekends in the UK, and tomorrow going to Abu Dhabi for the F1 so I haven't cooked anything in a while. And I have my new sous vide kit sitting in the kitchen mocking me for being unused...

Just loaded up the 3 gallon stock pot with two bags of chicken necks, a bag of pork bones, a boiling chicken, leeks, carrots and bay leaves. I see soup on the table in the near future!

A lot of great looking seafood on this page!

Forgot to take a picture, but tonight I made sous vide cod fillets with green beans & fava beans in a butter-lime-curry-hot sauce-sauce. Was delicious, but a little too much heat and I was sweating halfway through! :bayrum2:

Top Bottom