What's new

What's Cooking, 2015

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I need to stop reading this thread mid afternoon at work.............now I'm hungry
+1000. Between this thread and the Thin Blue Smoke thread we have some really good cooks. I hope to get to their level one day. With the guidance we get here, I am sure I can get close- the Texas Red thread is proof of that.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hey Chris, take along a can of sardines and your favorite hot sauce with some crackers to work. Eat that at break time.
I was scared of sardines until I came here. Now I always have at least one can of Portuguese sardines in oil in my desk.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Did chicken soup today. Carrots, celery, and onion and boiled two chickens in it. Took out the chicken and de-boned it and took out all the veggies. Just the broth left and threw the chicken back in. I then added a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and left it to simmer for a while. Spooned chicken and broth into a bowl and then added shreds of Oaxaca cheese and cubes of avocado. Ate after the cheese melted.
It was delicious! I've got enough for work tomorrow!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Did chicken soup today. Carrots, celery, and onion and boiled two chickens in it. Took out the chicken and de-boned it and took out all the veggies. Just the broth left and threw the chicken back in. I then added a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and left it to simmer for a while. Spooned chicken and broth into a bowl and then added shreds of Oaxaca cheese and cubes of avocado. Ate after the cheese melted.
It was delicious! I've got enough for work tomorrow!

Very nice!!! Two chickens? A big pot for sure. This recipe sounds like tortilla soup, but without the tortilla chips.

Nothing exciting tonight - just a Cobb salad. It was warm today (yeah, Florida was the only warm place in North America today), so this was actually refreshing. I actually miss the cold sometimes. I'm looking forward to a cool day so that I can make some of the Texas Red that I keep reading about and drooling over.

Attachments

• $IMG_2100.jpg
    $IMG_2100.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 95

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Very nice!!! Two chickens? A big pot for sure. This recipe sounds like tortilla soup, but without the tortilla chips.

It is chicken tlalpeno (tal pain yo) soup. Really good stuff. Especially tomorrow when it's cold!

Make my bald head sweat and my nose run.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Hey Chris, take along a can of sardines and your favorite hot sauce with some crackers to work. Eat that at break time.
I don't stop for a break at work, I eat at my desk and keep working (reading B&B is work right?)
Breaking out a can of sardines at my desk may raise a few eyebrows. Guess that just leaves the hot sauce and crackers

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't stop for a break at work, I eat at my desk and keep working (reading B&B is work right?)
Breaking out a can of sardines at my desk may raise a few eyebrows. Guess that just leaves the hot sauce and crackers
Let them raise the eyebrows- in whole, sardines are a great snack with Omega 3 oils in it.

We were both working today and had limited time, so I whipped up a lasagna toss and garlic bread while my wife made Caesar salad.

The lasagna and salad were both topped with my remaining homemade croutons.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1420675225602.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1420675225602.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 86
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1420675309109.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1420675309109.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 86

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Lamb loin chops marinated in olive oil, garlic and rosemary. Seared in cast iron then oven roasted. Glazing sauce is reduced balsamic and brown sugar. Garlic and horseradish mashed potatoes with grilled asparagus.

$image.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Hope this is not a Chili crime. Feeling a bit lazy today so made some toasty sandwiches from some left over Chili.
This was at SWMBO heat approved level so had to raise the heat. Just a bit of hot sauce did the trick.

$20150108_170451.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hope this is not a Chili crime. Feeling a bit lazy today so made some toasty sandwiches from some left over Chili.
This was at SWMBO heat approved level so had to raise the heat. Just a bit of hot sauce did the trick.

View attachment 538118

I used to have one of those grilled sandwich machine thingies. It sealed the edges of the bread and made a perfect triangle. I wonder what happened to that thing. Yours looks perfect Chris. Yep, that is a chili crime though.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Aaron you need to find your toasty Sammy maker, then you can commit a tasty chili crime as well. I won't tell :laugh:

Top Bottom