What's new

Rapira double edge blades going very cheap on eBay.

Because of the falling Ruble the Rapira blades sold by Russian dealers are going real cheap. I just picked up 400 Platinum Lux Rapira double edge safety razor blades. They're going for 4.13 euro for 100. Voskhods are the same http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271718781928

Fantastic deal. The Platinum Lux are my go to blade.

Dang! Those Voskhods are back down to the price I originally paid for most of my stash, $10/100. I have over 800 but it's tempting to buy more. I think I'll wait though, and see if the prices drop any more. If I didn't have any yet, I'd jump all over this though. Thanks for posting.

Going to have to think about this one...Great Price, even for 50 they're only $7.90 with the shipping...might as well go for the whole 100. With the shipping it's $10

May I appeal to you Russian blade fans? I just started reading about the drop in blade prices because of the drop in the Ruble. I'm using a Voskhod now and find it a good blade. What are the other really good Russian blades that might be a great deal these days? Thanks.

May I appeal to you Russian blade fans? I just started reading about the drop in blade prices because of the drop in the Ruble. I'm using a Voskhod now and find it a good blade. What are the other really good Russian blades that might be a great deal these days? Thanks.

You can get a dozen recommendations but none of them will mean much since blade preferences vary so much. Some prefer the Ladas or Rapira Platinum Lux to the Voskhod, but to me the Voskhod is tops.

For just $12, delivered, you can get a large assortment of the major Rapira blades here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130-MIXED-R...LE-EDGE-SAFETY-RAZOR-BLADES-NEW-/161504780981

You could get a smaller assortment but for this price, there's no reason not to get this lot or similar. If you find some that you don't like set them aside and when you're done trying out each type, sell or PIF the ones that don't work for you.

You can get a dozen recommendations but none of them will mean much since blade preferences vary so much. Some prefer the Ladas or Rapira Platinum Lux to the Voskhod, but to me the Voskhod is tops.

For just $12, delivered, you can get a large assortment of the major Rapira blades here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130-MIXED-R...LE-EDGE-SAFETY-RAZOR-BLADES-NEW-/161504780981

You could get a smaller assortment but for this price, there's no reason not to get this lot or similar. If you find some that you don't like set them aside and when you're done trying out each type, sell or PIF the ones that don't work for you.

Great ideas! I was looking at some of the Russian combination offers. My bulk buy blades in stock are Astra SP, Personna Labs, Gillette Silver Blues, and Gillette 7OC blacks. I like looking for similar quality and sharp/smooth blades for bargains so when I saw this thread on the V blade I had to inquire further.

I just ordered 100 Rapira Platinum Lux-$5+$5 Shipping

I also stocked up on some Rapira Swedish Supersteel's.

I love russian blades and there is a seller selling a 100ct of all the russian blades for $5+ shipping per 100. That is dirt cheap.

Sputnik are my absolute favorite.

Keep in mind Rapira (the 4 varieties), Ladas, and Voskhod are all Rapira blades. The Sputnik are proctor and gamble (Gillette).

Top Bottom