What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438466119.853359.jpg

I need a rib smoking recipe. Will start smoking at 2 pm. What kind of ribs should I get? Would like to eat by 7pm. Is this possible?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I need a rib smoking recipe. Will start smoking at 2 pm. What kind of ribs should I get? Would like to eat by 7pm. Is this possible?

You should be able to eat about 6 pm maybe. I usually do a couple of racks of baby backs. Get your smoker going, then rinse ribs and peal membrane off the back side. Sprinkle with salt, fresh cracked pepper, and garlic powder. Put in smoker for about 3 hours, then wrap in foil for about another hour. I usually remove them when the ends droop down at about a 45 degree angle when I pick them up in the middle with tongs.

Here's one way of doing it:

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/best_BBQ_ribs_ever.html

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

You should be able to eat about 6 pm maybe. I usually do a couple of racks of baby backs. Get your smoker going, then rinse ribs and peal membrane off the back side. Sprinkle with salt, fresh cracked pepper, and garlic powder. Put in smoker for about 3 hours, then wrap in foil for about another hour. I usually remove them when the ends droop down at about a 45 degree angle when I pick them up in the middle with tongs.

Here's one way of doing it:

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/porknography/best_BBQ_ribs_ever.html

+1. Mop or spray the ribs every hour with apple cider vinegar, apple juice or even water. Sauce your ribs, spray with liquid then wrap tightly in foil.

I know I'm late, but ribs are 4 hrs for me. 225-250*, dry rub for 3 hours on top rack with water pan under them.

For the last 30-45-60 minutes, I sauce and flip every 15 minutes with NO water pan to crisp up the sauce.

I have never tried foiling and flip them every hour when I open the lid to admire them. They are always pull off the bone, just like we like them.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Looookkkinnnn' gooood Brian.

I never flip...that's just what the inexperienced rib cookers like Aaron and Bruce say. :biggrin1:

I never spray or sauce either...I just let the wood do the flavoring.

REAL bbq don't need no sauce.

There is more than one way to skin, umm, I mean cook, ribs though.

Waiting for the final cook pics.

:popc:

And I was going to say something about Aaron using GROUND beef and TOMATO sauce in his chili cook-off recipe this year, but I won't. :lol:

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mike flipped out years ago. He only uses Zippo lighters to cook his ribs. Any good pit master knows that spray is not for flavoring.

As for the chili cook-off...I'm just going to pop open the can of Wolf Brand chili you sent from your overstock.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Those look GREAT Brian.

As for the chili cook-off...I'm just going to pop open the can of Wolf Brand chili you sent from your overstock.

That wasn't from overstock...that was from my PERSONAL STASH!!!

Just wait and see if I send you another can again.

The schwenkgrill is on line. Beef steak as its maiden voyage. I need to work on some details and mod it a bit but it cooks well.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438557651.898338.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438557668.544758.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438557691.722518.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438557702.243353.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Decided to have some tacos tonight.

Skirt steak left overnight in a Mexican rub.

Throwed it on the grill with some lump charcoal and mesquite...I think it's about done.

Looks good.

A bit of skillet grilled onions, peppers, and a bit of lime (I should have put the lime on top for presentation), and a bit of El Pato hot sauce on a tortilla. It sure was good with a cervaza.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
^^^Nice pictures Mike. Fajita's just can't be beat some times. Beefy, salsa, peppery goodness wrapped in a pillow of flourey tortilla goodness.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I wanted to make some fresh corn tortillas, but SWMBO didn't want any of that masa stuff.

Ruh Roh...if she sees this post I'm in big time trouble. She hates corn 'tillas for some reason.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I have yet to do Skirt Steak Fajitas or tacos. It is now on my short list, which is growing into a Long List.

What? Bruce, I thought you made fajita's? No problem for you. Skirt steak or flank, grilled bell peppers, onions and jalapeño. Guacamole and grated cheese(optional), a little cilantro and a squeeze of lime and your favorite salsa or hot sauce. Please, please no sour cream.

Top Bottom