What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

yes by all means do a Gumbo first just don't forget about the fatty. :a23:after all this is the BBQ thread.
What else was on your New Year to cook list for the BBQ?

I think you want to make a Thai Green Curry as well, so leave a spot for that. :a53:

A fatty was on the list this week, until we did the ham. Fingers crossed, I'll do a couple in the next week or two. Maybe a standard one and one with hard boiled eggs, Scotch Egg style.

Rib Roast, Rack of Lamb and/or Lamb Shoulder is on my list for this summer.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A fatty was on the list this week, until we did the ham. Fingers crossed, I'll do a couple in the next week or two. Maybe a standard one and one with hard boiled eggs, Scotch Egg style.

Rib Roast, Rack of Lamb and/or Lamb Shoulder is on my list for this summer.

A Fatty Scotch Egg. Bacon, sausage and egg, it's got winner written all over it. :thumbup:

Not much time, but using it is better than not using i .
Some boneless breasts with some mish mosh rub

$PicsArt_1435872228535.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Brian- how are you liking that Vision? I am hoping to get one soon. Hopefully Sam's gets the Classic back- it is $100 less than what Home Despot (spelling intentional) charges for the Pro. Even so, both are cheaper than the BGE.

That looks great, Brian!

Brian- how are you liking that Vision? I am hoping to get one soon. Hopefully Sam's gets the Classic back- it is $100 less than what Home Despot (spelling intentional) charges for the Pro. Even so, both are cheaper than the BGE.

I think the vision is a quality product. Not to sound like an idiot but it is somewhat of an educated opinion in the sense that we have a bge at work and a vision at home.
Today was my second smoke on my vision and I was wayyyy more in control of the temperature this time. Unfortunately I didn't master the time yet and the breasts were somewhat dried out.
I believe the learning curve situation will happen with any smoke .

Again, I have no regrets getting the vision. As a matter of fact, I'm glad I did!

Beef ribs on the Green Egg, rubbed with olive oil and Montreal steak seasoning

Attachments

• $DSC_0011.JPG
    $DSC_0011.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 54
  • $DSC_0012.JPG
    $DSC_0012.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 54
  • $DSC_0016.JPG
    $DSC_0016.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 54
  • $DSC_0017.JPG
    $DSC_0017.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 54
I couldn't pick a live pig and have him slit and hung :huh:

Follow up pics of the slaughter are probably not needed, at least not for me.

Top Bottom