What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

Couple racks or ribs working. I think the smell is making the flies horny.
$image.jpg

Ribs, over cooked a bit but still not bad. First time using the Franklin method, temp was hotter than I'm used to. I should have checked them more frequently. They were sauced in the rest of my espresso sauce and I made some Franklin "sweet" BBQ sauce for dipping. It was really good.
$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Ribs, over cooked a bit but still not bad. First time using the Franklin method, temp was hotter than I'm used to. I should have checked them more frequently. They were sauced in the rest of my espresso sauce and I made some Franklin "sweet" BBQ sauce for dipping. It was really good.

Good lookin' BBQ Otto!

Great looking sausage, Chris

Thanks Owen! Here is the rest of the batch, just out of the smoker a few minutes ago. The random sock on the floor is a cat toy, not a stray piece of laundry. :lol:

IMG_5042.JPG by cxg231, on Flickr

Lots of things going on today. Pulled pork carnita tacos with pineapple salsa, and smoked brisket.

Aaron - already complimented that brisket in the brisket thread, but if you must post the pictures again, I must compliment you again, great job!!! Was the pulled pork smoked today as well? Everything looks superb!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The pork was also smoked today. I foiled it at about 145 with a vinegar sauce and let it braise for another 3 hours. It just pulled apart with little effort.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
That brisket looks soooo moist. Nicely done Aaron

Thanks, I did not expect the juiciness out of this little flat. It had a nice little fat cap that I think was the key. Only Salt and pepper.

...oh, and thanks for the pineapple idea on the carnitas. I grilled mine and made a salsa. Pineapple goes great with the saltiness of the pork.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, appreciate it. They definitely look better than they were, way too over cooked. Probably the worst ribs I've done since I bought the smoker. The technique he puts forth in the book definitely shows promise, I just executed it poorly.
They sure look good.

How was the homemade Franklin sauce?

the Franklin sauce was awesome! Definitely the shining point of the meal. I liked it better than the espresso sauce, mostly because of the addition of chili powder and some other spices to offset some of that strong vinegar flavor. I tweaked the recipe a bit and used some melindas habanero ketchup to add some heat. It was sweet and hot and I like it quite a bit.

Oh and Aaron those tacos look awesome. As does the brisket. Radishes on carnitas? Every time I log in to this site I pick up something interesting.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Oh and Aaron those tacos look awesome. As does the brisket. Radishes on carnitas? Every time I log in to this site I pick up something interesting.

Ah, you saw that? The radishes add a nice crunch as well as a nice pepper bite. A squeeze of lime over everything is truly deep Mexico.

Top Bottom