What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Ya'lls meals look so good I'm almost embarrassed to post mine.
just a bit of meat
2 NY Strips, 1 T-Bone, and a Ribeye
no fuss
no muss
i like mine RARE

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 157
Resting before being devoured. I did the corn too, in my 10" lodge pan with butter and Lowrys seasoning salt, very good. Thanks Bruce, those little tips take a tired old side dish and turn into something fresh and different. Potatoes were super tender and smoky as well.

$image.jpg

I love this thread. Too bad my smoker is under 3 ft of snow :(
Mine is for about 6 months of the year...I had to dig it out with a couple shovels.

Luckily I has the cover on it so most of the snow from it was easy to get off.

Last edited:
Nice looking set up, and the output looks pretty fine too.

Whats better than than a grill? 2 grills! :thumbup1:

The reason for two................I broke my first egg on my wife's birthday. The worst birthday she's had! Said it wouldn't happen again and she bought me two! I was heartbroken until this setup arrived!

60* in Texas this weekend.
Getting the itch to fill the air and drive the neighborhood dogs crazy.

Yeah, buddy. Welcome aboard, Mischief! This cold spell has been a PITA. Hope to fire up this weekend. I have 12 lbs of buckboard bacon curing that will need to be kissed. I am thinking some pulled pork sounds good, too. C'mon Friday.

Yeah, buddy. Welcome aboard, Mischief! This cold spell has been a PITA. Hope to fire up this weekend. I have 12 lbs of buckboard bacon curing that will need to be kissed. I am thinking some pulled pork sounds good, too. C'mon Friday.
My brain is hurting from the thinking about what I want to be kissed by smoke!

Just made up a couple of bbq sauces and a bunch of dry rub for the 20lbs of pork butt and 10lbs turkey I'll be smoking on Friday and Saturday for my son's first birthday party. It should be a balmy - 7C, feeling like a gorgeous -16C...that's 20F and feeling like 3F for you 'Muricans. :)

Cheers.

M.

Just made up a couple of bbq sauces and a bunch of dry rub for the 20lbs of pork butt and 10lbs turkey I'll be smoking on Friday and Saturday for my son's first birthday party. It should be a balmy - 7C, feeling like a gorgeous -16C...that's 20F and feeling like 3F for you 'Muricans. :)

Cheers.

M.

Happy Birthday

Now wake him up so he can help every time you stoke the fire! Start him out right!

Cheers.

M.
Congratulations!

Nothing too exciting today, but it's been a little slow here in the smoke house so I figured why not. Beef jerky, this is an experiment, I made dowels with stainless steel nails down each side to hang the jerky from, instead of laying flat on racks. Laying it on the racks works fine, but does require some rotating and flipping, I'm hoping this will eliminate that.

$image.jpg

Nothing too exciting today, but it's been a little slow here in the smoke house so I figured why not. Beef jerky, this is an experiment, I made dowels with stainless steel nails down each side to hang the jerky from, instead of laying flat on racks. Laying it on the racks works fine, but does require some rotating and flipping, I'm hoping this will eliminate that.

Very interested in this as I LOVE beef jerky, but refuse to pay $12 for a bag I can eat in 6min. We tried it in the oven years ago but it didn't turn out great.

Very interested in this as I LOVE beef jerky, but refuse to pay $12 for a bag I can eat in 6min. We tried it in the oven years ago but it didn't turn out great.

It's crazy what they charge for jerky, but it is fairly labor intensive. With my homemade brine and rump roast I can make it for about $5-6/lb. My boys love it and it makes a good afternoon snack for them to take to school.

Top Bottom