What's new

Nib Acquisitions, January 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does move like a pelikan actually, although i am sure i have read some of their modern pens have that stationary design... the integrated last chance ink reservoir on the piston head is cool

Last edited:
I just purchased my first two of Visconti's van Gogh series of FPs. I might have to bring the red back for exchange as it's a tad on the scratchier side which I didn't notice at the shop but the steel nib with magnetic cap are a new, simple, and interesting experience to have with a Visconti.

Red: Room in Arles (M)
Blue: Starry Night (M)

View attachment 536978

Have you exchanged the red one, yet?

Does it feel good in the hand?

Absolutely! The design of the pen, especially (for me) the grip section, as well as the famed feel of the urushi-finished ebonite of the pen plus its soft/springy gold nib makes it such a wonderful experience to hold and write with.

Absolutely! The design of the pen, especially (for me) the grip section, as well as the famed feel of the urushi-finished ebonite of the pen plus its soft/springy gold nib makes it such a wonderful experience to hold and write with.

we need a review of that guy, Nakayas are cool pens

This arrived yesterday. Medium, semi- flex nib. It puts everything modern I have to shame.

Conway Stewart 15. Made between 1953-55
Very Nice! Owning a Conway Stewart (vintage) is something that has been on my radar for a long time (twinge of jealousy) Congrats:thumbup1:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
This arrived yesterday. Medium, semi- flex nib. It puts everything modern I have to shame.

Conway Stewart 15. Made between 1953-55

Lovely pen, the No.15 is really quite nice. I'm lucky to have a similar one myself.

Congrats!

$IMG_20150116_230838.jpg

just a couple bottles of ink, viscomti green, and omas blue, which i think is the old blue

I made it to the Philadelphia Pen Show on Saturday (and it's a good thing I didn't wait until Sunday, since almost everything was shut down due to an ice storm and 100s of accidents).

It was a really nice show as usual (this is my third time) and there was plenty to see, do, and buy!

Here's my haul:

proxy.php

- Some micromesh nib polishing pads from Anderson Pens
- A bottle of Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa ink from Anderson
- A bottle of Organics Studio Mercury (Hg) ink (red), from Anderson
- The top pen is a Bexley Owner's Club Limited Edition 2009, in blue & black Ebonite with a fine 18K nib. The vendor threw in a nice little leather pen case as part of the negotiated deal. I didn't catch the dealer's name. I had never seen or heard of this particular model before, but seeing and handling it in person was an instant sale. This is my first Bexley. I doubt it will be my last.
- Bottom pen is a Sheaffer Connaisseur, with a fine 18K nib, purchased from Paul Erano. This was definitely on my want list and I was quite pleased to find one for an excellent price.
- Not pictured is a few blank notepads from Anderson Pens

Here's some detail photos of the pens:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom