What's new

Geo F Trumper?

I just tried a sample a week or two back and reported that it lathered and worked very well. The scent happened to be rose, which I would not repeat, but I'd be happy to have GFT within the scent palette I'm discovering suits me: almond, sandalwood, tabac, and similar.

I got the Coconut, glad to hear it is well received. Sorry was bit strapped for time when I posted, was at a party. Should have waited to do a search.

The creams are fabulous. I particularly like the violet and the coconut, they smell great and perform flawlessly.

Stay away from the soaps, as they are lackluster in performance

Yep, never heard of that brand before. Are they new?

But seriously, I'm quite impressed with the four creams I have tried. Great lathers, and good scents, as well.

Which scent did you order?

The GFT soap(!) that I tried was so bad that GFT is not going to get any more of my money. Unfortunately I was not the only one; GFT soaps are known for their lousy performance.

The creams may be fantastic, but I rather spend my money with a company that has its quality control in order, and does product testing before putting something on the market.

Trumper's creams are said to be produced by Creighton's, the same source as most of the other top-tier UK shave creams.
I have a tub of their coconut, and a couple tubes of other scents, plus a handful of other sample pots.
Never a problem with any of the creams, nor with any other of their products for that matter.

$Trumpers coconut feather rudy vey ogallala july 1 2014.jpg

I'm glad that the price has really come down on them. They used to be one of the more expensive brands when I first got into DE shaving 10 years ago. They were like 30-35 a tub. Now you can get them regularly for 18-20. A significant price drop.

I've been away from the forums for a while and only recently noticed the price drop. I had bought so many creams/soaps in the past that I had to stop buying them and use some of my old ones up just so I could stand a chance to clear them out. Well that hasn't happened, so I've just given in and started to buy more :) That was after a five year stint of not buying anything.

It's much more enjoyed experience when you can buy stuff and aren't 'stuck' with using what you already have.

I'm glad that the price has really come down on them. They used to be one of the more expensive brands when I first got into DE shaving 10 years ago. They were like 30-35 a tub. Now you can get them regularly for 18-20. A significant price drop.

I've been away from the forums for a while and only recently noticed the price drop. I had bought so many creams/soaps in the past that I had to stop buying them and use some of my old ones up just so I could stand a chance to clear them out. Well that hasn't happened, so I've just given in and started to buy more :) That was after a five year stint of not buying anything.

It's much more enjoyed experience when you can buy stuff and aren't 'stuck' with using what you already have.

You're a much more seasoned shaver than I am, but I can hear what you're saying. I just recently got my soap/cream collection to a total of 15, and I think to myself "it's going to take me forever to use all of this" but that doesn't stop me from planning on buying more. I think the hunt for new products and the anticipation of trying a different brand or different scent is just as fun as the actual act of shaving.

I like GFT. Use their creams pretty often and really love the almond. I recommend it to anyone. Still havent tried the extract of limes and couple of their soaps yet. Think I will get out my almond bowl for tonights shave.

Top Bottom