What's new

I'm hooked !

My Wife got me a Parker set (with the Urban) for Christmas. While back her & I were out and I was looking for a Pilot Metropolitan with no luck finding it in the local stores, so that gave her the idea to get a fountain pen for me!

Now my writing skills need a little polishing after writing with the new pen for the past two days! We all type on computers, so hand writing seems to have taken a back seat. Well, I love writing with a FP! As crummy as my handwriting is, I can see an improvement since I started using the FP. I need to slow down and take my time. I've just been writing sentences, some silly, some lines from songs, etc. trying to break in the pen. It seems to be a relaxing thing to do.

I went full steam ahead and ordered a Metropolitan to bring to work, I would not want to lose or have the Parker stolen since it was a gift and my first FP since I was a kid, it's staying in my pen cup on my computer desk.

Safety razor's and fountain pens, what wonderful old technology that still works in the 21 Century!

Oh well, I quit smoking 5 years ago next month, I might just get a nice pen to celebrate !!!!!

I haven't spent about $11,000 (estimate not spent on smokes) on razors and pens...At least not yet :biggrin1:

Congratulations on the pens, seems like shaving and pens would make an odd companion but they sure seem to hit a lot of gents the same way.

Now we just need to get you lots of inks to go with your pens lol

Hey, with an $11k budget you're going to get lots of help here finding the perfect pens when it comes time. I smoked through most of high school and nearly all of college before I called it quits. I'm happy to be smoke free, and with the price of cigarettes these days, certainly glad to have those extra dollars in my wallet. Errr, wait a minute... they're not in my wallet... huh? Well at least I spent the money on things that wouldn't cause me cancer.

Received the Metropolitan and some Pilot Namiki Standard Blue Fountain Pen Ink yesterday. I waited for the pen and ink to warm up from the cold then I inked up the pen. I like the feel of it.

One things for sure, I need something good to write on. I need to order a nice notebook to use these pens.

I think I'll keep the Parker with the black ink, it's a nice black, and the Metro will be my blue pen.

Thanks for the kind words, now I know what to suggest for my birthday this year!

Top Bottom