What's new

Most annoying commercial

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Don't even understand this one!

Salt n Peppa were a group during the 90's who had a song called Push It. It doesn't take much imagination to know what they were talking about at the time. :001_smile

on edit: of course this isn't odd, 90 percent of blues music is about the same thing.

Any commercial that uses a song I love to sell a product. The best example I can think of is Subaru using the Pogues' "If I Should Fall from the Grace of God" to sell cars.

There are so many other examples I'm sure others will share...

Salt n Peppa were a group during the 90's who had a song called Push It. It doesn't take much imagination to know what they were talking about at the time. :001_smile

on edit: of course this isn't odd, 90 percent of blues music is about the same thing.
And this has what to do with insurance?

Any lawyer commercial asking me to call if I died recently or experienced death.

Boy, that pregnant Kmart commercial must hit a nerve for some. I think it's hilarious. How dare the have cute pregnant dancing ladies! And yes, they were pregnant.

Wounded Warrior.. The reason? Our soldiers should never have to rely on charity when they served and were hurt. It's a disgrace that our government gives untold funds to countries and individuals that don't deserve it. I have never posted a political thread, but both parties should be ashamed of themselves when soldiers that gave it all are struggling.

Generally speaking, I don't like it when I remember a commercial, but can't recall what product they are advertising.

There is one currently playing where a pro-football player goes nuts at the supermarket. "Whooo! Number 44! That's ME, ladies. Gonna get some cold-cuts, gonna get some cold-cuts!" But for the life of me, I can't figure out what product is being pushed.

Last edited:
And this has what to do with insurance?
There's a commercial that has a quarterback speaking all his lines to the tune of a jingle.

"Fifty Omaha says HUT!"
"Losing feeling in my toes."
"Nothing beats that new car smell."
"Chicken Parm you taste so good."

It took a while to figure out where that rhythm comes from. Then he sits down in front of the TV and you hear the Nationwide jingle, and it all clicks into place.

But that jingle has infected me like an ear-worm.

The briefly run Mathew McConahay Chrysler, or whatever brand of car he was peddling. The One with the bull in the road was amongst the stupidest things I've ever seen.

He says, "I just like it." as he drives not the deserted road, then suddenly glances in his left-side mirror like there's another vehicle on the road . .

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Wounded Warrior.. The reason? Our soldiers should never have to rely on charity when they served and were hurt. It's a disgrace that our government gives untold funds to countries and individuals that don't deserve it. I have never posted a political thread, but both parties should be ashamed of themselves when soldiers that gave it all are struggling.
+1000. I am not a big fan of us being the world's police, but if we're going to do it then we need to take care of the people who bear the brunt

any of the aspca or starving kids or St Judes commercials. i don't watch TV for a guilt trip.

+ a million. In my viewing area they saturate the airwaves with these commercials during the 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. hour, just when my wife and I are having dinner. I am so, so very tired of seeing burn victims, head injuries, and cats with missing eyes while trying to eat my evening meal.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
+ a million. In my viewing area they saturate the airwaves with these commercials during the 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. hour, just when my wife and I are having dinner. I am so, so very tired of seeing burn victims, head injuries, and cats with missing eyes while trying to eat my evening meal.
There's a button on your remote. I think it's marked "Power". It is your friend.

There's a button on your remote. I think it's marked "Power". It is your friend.

I don't think it is too much to ask to be able to watch tv at mealtimes with a minimum amount of gore. And your smart comment about turning off the tv is somewhat ironic, seeing as you are the one who started this thread.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Not ironic at all. I'll turn the set off or change channels when I get sick of the ads

Top Bottom