What's new

Omega #40033 Wide Waist Mighty Midget

I threw this in on an order to pad shipping. I am not a brush aficionado, but this little bristle beater worked like a charm face lathering my beards cheek and neck lines. Good fun!

I hope it doesn't send my Wee Scott back down to the minors.

View attachment 534215

It works great and is probably my fav Omega but apart from the little handle I wouldn't call it a small brush; I think you can stuff two complete Wee Scotts into the knot alone!

It is my favorite brush when face lathering shave sticks, great backbone and scritch. I also think it isn't very well known here at B&B, I consider it a hidden gem of brushes.

One of my favorites! Awesome backbone, but takes forever to break in.
Mine is taking longer than forever, in fact, it’s still breaking in after probably 50 shaves. The one thing about this brush is that it’s a HORRIBLE brush when brand new, and took me at least 10 shaves before it became useful (i.e. the tips started to split). It also needs a good soaking before use. With all that in mind, it’s still one of the best face lathering brushes out there and an incredible deal at about $7.

Here is what i did to mine (brush on the left):

proxy.php

It's a fantastic facelathering brush with that handle and it's not even broken in yet. Very happy with the result

Seems the knot is highly coveted but some prefer a different handle.

The original handle was cheap hollow plastic, like most omegas. And this handle had a shedding badger knot in it so i thought it was the perfect donor, match made in heaven as it turned out :)
But IMO the knot gets more love than it should, nothing wrong with it but the hype is a little to much when you read the threads regarding that brush. I would still highly recommend it regarding the price point and quality of the knot if the person is on a tight budget. If there is a little more money to be spent there is much better boars out there.

Last edited:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Tough knot to love a $7 brush, I can't complain.

Congrats. Omega has a good price point on several decent brushes.

Yeah, the handle is not only cheap, but just plain poorly designed. But it's a brush that costs what a VDH boar brush costs and performs very well. Definitely a brush worth grabbing if you want a cheap, but decent boar. Pulling the knot to restore other handles is a good idea. I tried the boar knot from TGN ages ago (it's probably changed since then), but I would say I prefer the knot in the midget to it... and it's of course cheaper.

I bought it along with a couple different bambino's and another brush or two a few years ago to compare the cheap omega's and it was by far the standout brush in the <$10 omega market. I'll agree that Omega's seem to shed slightly as a rule, not an exception... which would be a drawback... except the thing costs seven bucks, so it's hard to hold a hair here and there against it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom