What's new

R.I.P. Joe Cocker

I just heard that on the radio. I was not a big fan, but he certainly had a good, long career and is almost an icon for the 70's. We're all getting older!!

He gave one of the most electrifying performances at Woodstock thus cementing his place in music history. I liked what he could do with a song making it his own. Even 70 sounds like dying too soon...

Rest In Peace...

"What would you think if I sang out of tune?"

For a bit of comparative analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe & John hat was a great skit.

The best part about it was how, by the end, it was no longer about John's impression of Joe, but about Joe's impression of John doing an impression of Joe. I remember reading about the details after Belushi passed, and the cast was stunned at how he turned the whole thing on it's ear . . . a total ad-lib on his part, and one of the all time highlights as a result.

A friend of mine took her mother to see Joe in the seventies. She asked her mother how she liked the concert and her mother replied, " Isn't it nice that a man with such a physical handicap would get up there and sing."

My friend explained that was just the way Joe was on stage and her mother still didn't get it. Every time I saw Joe Cocker I would think of my friend and her mom.

A friend of mine took her mother to see Joe in the seventies. She asked her mother how she liked the concert and her mother replied, " Isn't it nice that a man with such a physical handicap would get up there and sing."

My friend explained that was just the way Joe was on stage and her mother still didn't get it. Every time I saw Joe Cocker I would think of my friend and her mom.

Great story.

I saw Joe Cocker at the Universal Amphitheater late 80's. He walked out with a six pack, Molson Golden I'm thinking for some odd reason. He was very stiff and reserved. By beer number four or five he started to sway and convulse like we all loved about the man. A great front man with a lot of soul. He will be missed.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
We haven't heard much from him lately, and I learned why this afternoon. RIP, Joe, and thanks for the music.

TL

Top Bottom