What's new

R.I.P. Joe Cocker

Oh, man. Say it ain't so. Time marches on, but my world is a little smaller now. This guy was one of my all time favorites.

I had a huge crush on this girl in high school and she liked me too! I was too shy and intimidated by her. I would listen to You Are So Beautiful to deal with it. Rest in peace Joe Cocker.

Mad Dogs and Englishmen is one of the best live albums around. Not a great recording and not the best performances, but by God the energy generated makes you wish you'd been there to see it.
RIP, Joe.

Last year JJ Cale, this year Joe Cocker. Please leave Leon Russell around got a few more years.

Rest well, Joe. I remember doing a bit of vinyl trading in junior high for Cocker's "With a Little Help...." what a gem of an album. Still have it. WIsh I had my turntable set up so I could give it a spin.

I remember doing a bit of vinyl trading in junior high for Cocker's "With a Little Help...." what a gem of an album. Still have it. WIsh I had my turntable set up so I could give it a spin.

You should set it up. I'm honor of Joe. He's worth it. He was one of the few who could transcend and genre.

Saw him live around 1969, I believe on a bill with Led Zeppelin. As I remember there were a lot of technical difficulties at that one and Cocker was like watching someone have a stroke on stage. Not a memorable show for me.

Top Bottom