What's new

Incoming Newbie.

Looking to ditch the cartridge razor for a straight in the coming months as the budget allows. A good friend got me started on the idea and donated a brush and a jar of RazoRock Classic to the cause.:tongue_sm

Welcome aboard...
I'm a newbie too, got myself a shavette for £15 came with a few blades, seemed a sensible way to start as a lot cheaper than the full setup. I'm going to get myself a straight in a few months hopefully when my budget allows. might be worth looking at if budget is tight

Thanks for the Welcome guys! The Shavette sounds like a pretty economical idea, how have you liked it so far?

pretty good, nice close shave, occasional nick from the edge of the blade, but very handy being able to take the blade out to practice my technique. We'll see how the transition goes when I eventually get a straight though.

I would definitely advise early on not to apply any pressure using the shavette, and be gentle with your angle of attack 10-20 degrees only...

unless any of the more experienced guys have better advice???

If you haven't already and you're looking for economical look into safety razors such as our DE (double edge) as it may feel more familiar to you if you haven't already. Nothing wrong with the shavette setup. I think the Trac II generic cartridges are cheap and so is the Gillette Guard which is sold in india and you generally have to pick up on an auction site to get in the US or find at one of the few online stores which sells it to us in the US.

And welcome to B&B.

If you haven't already and you're looking for economical look into safety razors such as our DE (double edge) as it may feel more familiar to you if you haven't already. Nothing wrong with the shavette setup. I think the Trac II generic cartridges are cheap and so is the Gillette Guard which is sold in india and you generally have to pick up on an auction site to get in the US or find at one of the few online stores which sells it to us in the US.

And welcome to B&B.

Thanks for the tip Bob!

Welcome to B&B ... word of warning ... once to you go DE, you'll never go back!

Enjoy the ride. This is a great place to learn!

Top Bottom