What's new

New Barrister & Mann winter scents

B&M has just posted their two winter scents, including one based on cognac. I already rushed to order that one!

Fireside (the cognac one)

and Winter Spice, the third version

I'm new to B&M and DE shaving overall, but I already have a few other B&M soaps and they've quickly become among my favorite shaving products. I know this outfit is already well-loved around here; in fact I have you guys to thank for introducing me to it!

Can't wait to try Fireside...

Had to get both as well. Threw in some aftershave and a tub of bay rum since it was the only scent I haven't tried.

Karl

Well I wasn't planning on getting them but I guess I just cant resist the call... And of course I had to add the Vetiver, Heather and Clary Sage since its gonna be discontinued and cant be missing that from the den... then a few other soaps to make it worth the shipping costs to Canada. They gotta stop making new soaps, gonna go broke at this rate:lol:

I'm intrigued by the cognac fragrance, but I am always wary of things that smell of alcoholic beverages. I wouldn't want to smell like I have been drinking. Does it give that impression?

Had to get both as well. Threw in some aftershave and a tub of bay rum since it was the only scent I haven't tried.

I've used the Bay Rum (from a sample) the last two days and to me it smells fantastic. Spicy and warm. Apparently his has no clove, but I do get a similar spice from it (mace? allspice?). Great stuff.

I'll post impressions of Fireside once it arrives.

Well I wasn't planning on getting them but I guess I just cant resist the call... And of course I had to add the Vetiver, Heather and Clary Sage since its gonna be discontinued and cant be missing that from the den... then a few other soaps to make it worth the shipping costs to Canada. They gotta stop making new soaps, gonna go broke at this rate:lol:

I had not heard that about the Vetiver, Heather and Clary Sage. It's one of his baseline scents (i.e. always available) so I'm surprised. When did they announce it?

Saw it in the description when I clicked on it, was surprised myself but I guess it just sped up the inevitable.

I had not heard that about the Vetiver, Heather and Clary Sage. It's one of his baseline scents (i.e. always available) so I'm surprised. When did they announce it?

I hadn't heard this either, but have seen Will post that he doesn't like the soap himself.

I have been reading good things about B&M and took a shot with the Vetiver, Heather, and Clary Sage. I figured I love those three scents individually so it'd be a safe bet to give it a shot.

Looking forward to using it. B&M's scent descriptions all sound good to me.

I have been reading good things about B&M and took a shot with the Vetiver, Heather, and Clary Sage. I figured I love those three scents individually so it'd be a safe bet to give it a shot.

Looking forward to using it. B&M's scent descriptions all sound good to me.

I've liked all the B&M soaps I've tried so far. I have full tub of VHCS. I do like it, but it's a bit more floral than I expected. Now that I've tried others from him, the VHCS is far from my favorite, but still nice. Right now it's the Bay Rum that's really wowing me.

I've liked all the B&M soaps I've tried so far. I have full tub of VHCS. I do like it, but it's a bit more floral than I expected. Now that I've tried others from him, the VHCS is far from my favorite, but still nice. Right now it's the Bay Rum that's really wowing me.

I'm not against all floral scents, I like some of them. In fact, now that I think about it I'm not terribly picky about scents in general. :lol: When I've been shopping for stuff, I usually have a hard time deciding between different varieties and take a shot with whichever one sounds most appealing in the moment. Or in the case of my B&M purchase, it was the most interesting of the in-stock varieties at the time I ordered. I'm sure I'll like it. If it performs as well as I read, I will probably end up picking up one or two more after the holidays.

I tried out Fireside this morning. In terms of performance, of course it's like any B&M soap: great stuff. The scent is nice, if a bit sweet for me actually. It does actually remind me a bit of cognac, though without any booziness. So far I prefer the B&M Bay Rum as a winter soap scent, but I'm glad to have this one.

Top Bottom