What's new

Ever Ready 400 Lucite, How to halve it?

Ever Ready 400, Pulled the knot and getting ready to redo, going to put a coin in the bottom but would like to get the two halves apart!

Have tried steaming, soaking in hot water, scored the seam on the outside and inside, Nothings working, holding tight! Anyone have any ideas?? Sure would be easier to re-knot with the halves apart. $DSC06469.jpg

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
Why will it be easier with it apart? I've reknotted several different kinds of brushes without them being apart, or even able to come apart. What is it you're trying to do?

my two cents: not recommended. should be no problem to re-knot with it in one piece. I'd be more worried about damaging the handle during the splitting process.

Well I was going to split it then set the knot where it would be best for me, then I was going to set a coin with my birth year in the bottom of the knot, should be about an 1/8 inch gap or so from the bottom of the knot to the top of the Lucite.

With the gap looking through the bottom of the brush you'd see the coin and some of the gap, looks real good if you pain the walls of the gap the same as the brush and the ring around the coin!

I gave up on splitting it and just set the coin on the Lucite, Came out better than I expected!

$DSC06473.jpg

Good work!!
I also liked splitting my lucite brushes but it can be quite difficult. The only way i was able to do it was to slowly pry around the knot hole with a pair of plyers until they seperated. I would put a rag or some sort of protection between the plyer and the handle to not damaged it but once i actually cracked my handle.

Well
Finally got my new knot installed, Silvertip, 24 mm, loft set at 48mm. Started to bloom after the overnight defunking period.
I am very happy with the way it turned out! It is one of the Bigger Brushes ever ready made, wide and heavy.
$DSC06482.jpg$DSC06483.jpg$DSC06484.jpg

Top Bottom