What's new

Nacet

Wow, no way in bloody 'eck my Personna's would do half that trip. After placing my order awhile ago, I somehow forgot to throw these in like I was going to, so that just means another order coming up! :w00t:

So, 13 shaves in, and I think this is where I get off. Still got a great DFS, and I can definitely tease out another couple of shaves. But the AS definitely caught my attention post-shave.

Nacet is definitely in my permanent rotation.

Glad to see it's been working out for people. I was in the mood for a new razor, for whatever reason, so I threw in 50 of these with the order! :thumbup1:

I think the ones that were originally mentioned are the stainless steel ones, in the purplish tuck. I read somewhere that the platinum coated ones are not as good.
That is what I have found...The Stainless Steel Nacet is one of the best blades for me...and the Platinum was not good at all, go figure.

Nacets are quite nice and they're on sale in bulk on the Bay. Really good deals for those willing to buy several hundred at a time. As cheap as $99 per 1000 delivered.

I've just loaded one up for tomorrow in a NEW, it's been a good blade for me and I've got no complains about them whatsoever.

Package arrived today! :thumbup1:
Saturday shall be the maiden voyage. I'd jump right in, but I have shaves I been looking forward to first. Does that sound strange? :001_huh:

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Tried it today. WOOOOW! It is sharper than Feather. Crazily sharp! Too sharp for me even in a mild razor.

Last edited:
I used one again today for the 2nd time on the same blade and as usual it never fails to amaze me. :001_smile I've been using the Nacet Stainless in rotation for several months now and for me it perfectly melds smoothness with laser like sharpness. It's the best of the modern blades IMO.

Alright, I hate to think I'm prematurely giving an opinion, but thus far:
Today was the second shave, same blade. Comfortable on both accounts, and against the rules of Personna, the second shave was not any smoother or different in any way. I'd say the sharpness is slightly above, but not much, than the Gillette Sword's I commonly use and like. The after the shave feel though, is a touch nicer, there's no slight burning on my upper neck the Sword's give me. As for Personna, I have to say that compared to the Nacet, the Nacet wins on the neck and they are about par with each other on the cheeks.
Conclusion:
I'll put them above the Sword's from India, and give them a nod above Personna in the neck department by a wide margin. If they continue to go as they are, I can easily see trading off some of my huge stock of Personna and hoarding these. The only part of the test left is longevity. I'll see how far this blade goes, and try again with the second.
Cheers all, happy shaves, and if you are par taking in them as well, enjoy the Nacet's! :thumbup1:

Just for the record, I'm using it in a Merkur 1906, and this is the version of the blade I am using...
$Nacet.jpg

Top Bottom