What's new

Geo F Trumper Brush?

Rediscovered wet shaving in Aug after a lapse of many years , have a newbie set up with supplies from the local drug store including an Omega brush which I really like .Looking to get a good quality badger brush, we have a brick and mortor store with Kent , Rooney and Geo F. Trumper brushes .I like the look of the Trumper CB2 Best brush but don't know anything about them and the stuff I've seen on the on the net is vague about quality .Does anyone know if these are good brushes they seem pretty pricey and SWMBO has offered to buy me one for Christmas.

Glenn
Badger curious

The Trumper brush is rebranded from another maker. Last I knew Vulfix made them. Among the ones you listed, I'd go with Rooney or Kent.

My Trumper brush is great, altho likely a rebranded Vulfix as mentioned above.
both rooney and kent brushes are top notch.
if you're looking for badger, be sure that's what's on the label.
since you have the local store, you can get the feel of the options and make your own choice.
ask them if there is any warranty in case the brush starts to shed a lot.
Enjoy!

So who makes the Rooneys? Since, to my understanding, the entity no longer exists as anything but the naming rights?

I'm new to this high end brush business, but the secrecy, elitism and mysticism that surrounds the brush manufacturers borders on lunacy. You're lucky enough to have a brick & mortar location where you can examine the brushes. Go, touch, sniff, evaluate and pick the one that suits you best based on attributes and price. If it's the Trumpers...Mazel Tov! Use in good health. So what if it's less prestigious? It's gonna live in your can.

The Simpson love on this site is strong. And I am not immune. After a few weeks of listening to unending conversations of the unmatched "Simpson superiority," I had to have one. The desired Chubby 2 was a little too costly for the moment, plus I had recently bought Frank Shaving Chubby 2 clone in Finest and wanted a different size. So I bought the Duke 3 in best. Shaved with it twice this weekend and then the Frank Chubby today to compare. Guess what? Perhaps, maybe the quality of the badger in the Duke is superior, maybe. It's not any denser. It wasn't measurably softer, for me anyway. It is a smaller brush that cost twice as much as a Frank Chubby.

I'm not convinced the little Simpsons sticker is worth the cost premium, at least to me. I understand the premium price of a brand's perceived cache, and I'm not immune to it. I have several quality watches. All but one are in that $300-600 range, and one is more. I do enjoy wearing that one more, to special occasions, and sometimes people notice and that feels great. But in the end, they all keep time just about the same, and the watches get to leave the can.

Top Bottom