What's new

Hello and thanks!

After a little over a week of lurking here, reading razor reviews and techniques, I took theplunge today and bought my first DE razor (a merkur progress). Got a great shave thanks to mapping my facial hair, which is something I never would have considered before. The local boutique was sold out of the brush I wanted (the L'occitane synthetic), so if anyone knows of a comparable synthetic brush I'd love to hear about it. I am vegan so I avoid the badger and boar hair brushes for ethical reasons. Anyway thanks for all of the great advice!

Welcome to the world of DE shaving. It's so nice to actually ENJOY shaving instead of it being a drudgery.

Welcome. Good to hear your first DE shave was a good one. The Body Shop has an inexpensive synthetic brush. Too much backbone for me but may work for you. My wife enjoys That brush.

After a little over a week of lurking here, reading razor reviews and techniques, I took theplunge today and bought my first DE razor (a merkur progress). Got a great shave thanks to mapping my facial hair, which is something I never would have considered before. The local boutique was sold out of the brush I wanted (the L'occitane synthetic), so if anyone knows of a comparable synthetic brush I'd love to hear about it. I am vegan so I avoid the badger and boar hair brushes for ethical reasons. Anyway thanks for all of the great advice!

Ask our brush pros at B&B brush forums http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/7-Shaving-Brushes

Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you as a member. I too, am an animal lover and donate monthly to Halo animal rescue. Good to have someone else who cares about animals!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome aboard, glad you quit lurking. :shifty:

Sounds like a nice beginning -- the Progress isn't really what I'd call a starter DE -- and sounds like you did great mastering it!

You should be able to order the brush online from L'occitane.

http://usa.loccitane.com/cade-shaving-brush-plisson,82,1,29221,388683.htm

Hello and welcome, Hybanthus. Great to have you here. B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers.

Welcome. Good to hear your first DE shave was a good one. The Body Shop has an inexpensive synthetic brush. Too much backbone for me but may work for you. My wife enjoys That brush.

I saw that one online. I might give it a try. I'm too impatient to wait for online orders, though I might have to break down and just order the L'occitane. For the price seems like the best I can do.

Top Bottom