What's new

Merkur 23C

So, today I used my Merkur 23C for the first time, with the enclosed Merkur "super" blade. From the wandering around B&B that I have done I decided to "let the razor do the work" and see what happened. Generally, my previous method (using a Schick Quattro) was to rasp my way across my scalp and face as quickly as possible. Today, I took my time.

Of course, I had to do so, as I had determined that I would hold the razor with only the tips of my thumb and forefinger to see what this razor could accomplish. I was pleasantly surprised by the closeness, and abrasion free nature of my shae. While not exactly a BBS shave, I have no complaints, considering the method used.

Next one will be with more conventional technique and, I am sure, much better results.

Now to explore different blade combinations . . .

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Congrats on the close shave, that razor has a head design proven over many years.

I like Merkur blades in the pack but the single that comes with the razor can sometimes be duller. Maybe try an Astra.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, a proper prep is half a great shave. The other half is the light touch. Congratulations indeed, this is only the beginning of a long and enjoyable journey! :thumbup:

Yes . . . in addition to exploring blade options, the set up is the next thing to work on, No issues with the part of it, as I generally just run a hot bath and soak ahead of time (less steam than the shower), but skin prep is still to be worked on, especially for my scalp.

Top Bottom