What's new

reasons why you cannot let the wife get the tv remote.

...and now she has been watching the movie "Ghost" for the gazillionth time, on regular tv with 5 minutes of commercials after 8 minutes of Demi Moore or Patrick Swayzee crying, and Whoopie Goldberg as the eye candy...:facep:

I never understood why they will watch this stuff on broadcast TV with 20 minutes per hour of commercials but won't buy a $3..99 DVD of the same movie. I finally went this route with Grease. I know exactly how long I need to stay in another room or run errands or whatever. Don't get me wrong. Grease was a big hit when I was a teen and Olivia Newton-John is...well, Olivia Newton-John. But after about fifty times I have to find escape. I could list a number of movies here but the generic response to the title of this thread is; romantic comedies.

Lol, my wife does the same, watches the same movie, lately secretariat. But she doesnt do the commercial version, she watches stuff commercial free.

I nick-named my wife Hallmark. Every year it starts. The Christmas movie with the same plot. Good looking woman, with semi-good looking boyfriend end up back in the same small home town. She has a chance meeting with old boyfriend(better looking) who is a widower. They make small talk and flash back to the good old days. Fate steps in and she finds the new boyfriend has a few problems. He has committed bank fraud etc.and bugs out leaving her in tears. Old boyfriend steps in and they rekindle the relationship and get married on Christmas day with the kid in the wedding.
And if you notice the voice inflection and music in all of the movies is the same. One more week and it's all over.

You better hope "Dirty Dancing" doesn't come on next, but if you're lucky it'll be "Road House" and you can both enjoy.

Movies is one thing, but what about "Say Yes to the Dress"? My wife and I have been married 20 years now, my daughter is not even dating, but they CANNOT stop watching this dreck.

She usually has on "Househunters" (we really aren't even looking for a house - at all ever), or "Bones" both of which I just despise!

Adam Carolla maintains if you're an actor driving through Hollywood and you see your face on a billboard for a Hallmark movie, your career is over.
The wifely unit shanghai's the living room tv all through December and watches those horrid Christmas romance shows. I let her have control of the remote at this time of the year since she puts up the other eleven months of the year my watching over and over (and reciting dialogue) The Great Escape, A Bridge Too Far, Die Hard and Uncle Buck. I just move to the basement for the duration...this month I've been Netflix bingeing on Top Gear.

I nick-named my wife Hallmark. Every year it starts. The Christmas movie with the same plot. Good looking woman, with semi-good looking boyfriend end up back in the same small home town. She has a chance meeting with old boyfriend(better looking) who is a widower. They make small talk and flash back to the good old days. Fate steps in and she finds the new boyfriend has a few problems. He has committed bank fraud etc.and bugs out leaving her in tears. Old boyfriend steps in and they rekindle the relationship and get married on Christmas day with the kid in the wedding.
And if you notice the voice inflection and music in all of the movies is the same. One more week and it's all over.

If you will notice all those Hallmark movies, at least most of them, and not just the Christmas movies are by the same producer, Larry Levinson! The guy seems to have a formula that works at least for the Hallmark channel, my wife really likes them.

My wife isn't really that bad. She just usually ends up on Disney channel. I can put up with that. Although she's recently been big on HGTV, which puts too many grandiose plans about hose renovations in her head (which really just means adding more projects to my list).

No, the person you need to keep the remote from at all costs is my old college roomate. He could find THE WORST show on TV. Every single time. I have no idea how he did it. I could see him choosing Ghost if he had the remote. Actually, I'm sure he did several times.

Top Bottom