What's new

Christmas Dinner Plate OCD Poll

Can different foods touch on your plate?

• Yes

• No

• I need therapy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I thought it was mandatory that Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner plates were piled on.

$fantastic-restaurant-2.jpg

I voted no but need to explain. My foods starts out by touching but as I eat I unconsciously push them apart with my fork.

Our Xmas dinners are usually served buffet style in the kitchen. Basically it's controlled chaos which begins with all the men racing to get to the turkey giblets. Through the years, I have made good with grampa (turkey carver), and now he usually hides the heart for me somewhere in the food line. :thumbup1: Anyways, then we all take our loaded plates to the table and eat together. My servings mostly touch. Might even happen to touch someone else's servings along the way.

Also, I put the dinner roll(s) in my pocket. This conserves more space on the plate for the other stuff. This also tests my mom's patience.

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Also, I put the dinner roll(s) in my pocket. This conserves more space on the plate for the other stuff. This also tests my mom's patience.

I leave dinner rolls where I find them, and save precious stomach room for meat, stuffing, meat, and stuffing.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No way! :nono: Tried to get away with that years ago when I was younger. Quickly found myself eating alone in the basement. In peace, in front of the television.... Hey, wait a minute.. :idea:
The worst punishment I ever had was standing in the corner when company was over. I would take a spanking any day, but standing in the corner was torture.

Basically it's controlled chaos which begins with all the men racing to get to the turkey giblets. Through the years, I have made good with grampa (turkey carver), and now he usually hides the heart for me somewhere in the food line. :thumbup1:

Wait a minute, are you saying that at your house the men fight over the turkey innards? Putting rolls in your pocket is the least of your problems. :ohmy:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Is the need to separate everything just a Christmas dinner thing, or every meal? I was thinking... you must have a difficult time with salads, soups, and stews. Everything's touching already. What would you do?! :lol:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I stick to meat, stuffing has bread in it :tongue_sm

No ... the bread soaks up the turkey drippings and becomes absolute heaven!!

(I refer, of course, to "in-bird" stuffing. The stuff that actually gets stuffed into the turkey. The dry abomination known as "extra stuffing" should be reserved for the hat-wearing kid eating alone in the basement.)

No ... the bread soaks up the turkey drippings and becomes absolute heaven!!

(I refer, of course, to "in-bird" stuffing. The stuff that actually gets stuffed into the turkey. The dry abomination known as "extra stuffing" should be reserved for the hat-wearing kid eating alone in the basement.)

No....turkey drippings go into a bowl to dip the meat in au jus style. Then you shoot it like a tequila shot at the end of the meal :)

Top Bottom