What's new

My Bad

My wife asked me if I was losing my hair because my brain was so busy. I said yes, and was that why she couldn't grow a beard?

$bounce015.gif

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have been teasing my husband about his thinning hair, but I think he is starting to feel bad about it and I feel baaaadddd about giving him a hard time about it. Is this really something that men get offended about?

Nah, men love losing their hair. In fact, accelerating hair loss is a billion dollar business. Why should you feel bad for making fun of him?

I started losing my hair at age 24. I got over it when I found out that men with above average testosterone levels were more prone to male pattern baldness.

That's right, I'm more manly than you. :001_tt2:

I have been teasing my husband about his thinning hair, but I think he is starting to feel bad about it and I feel baaaadddd about giving him a hard time about it. Is this really something that men get offended about? Now, I have to make it up to him. Any ideas? other than buying him a bottle of Jack Daniels? :tongue_sm

Well, in the spirit of the Season:

Just awhile ago
While I was getting dressed
My wife pointed to my thinning hair
And asked where was the rest?

My nose got out of joint
About my balding top
My wife she got a cheap shot in
And me I got upsot

Oh, going bald, going bald
Why should a husband care
When his spouse is such a louse
To point out his dome is bare

Going bald, going bald
It's so plain to see
I might point out to my dear bride
She's not immune to gravity

When she came in here
To ask how to make amends
She thought she'd get some good advice
From here husband's shaving friends

She might have been sincere
But much to her surprise
She's not getting much sympathy
From a bunch of balding guys

Going bald, going bald
What husband doesn't crave
Cracks from his wife 'bout his hair's half-life
As he marches towards the grave?

Going bald, going bald
It's now plain to see
If bald jokes you choose, there's no refuge
Here on B&B!

He can't help losing his hair, and there is no cure for baldness. Give him a bottle of JD if that is his drink, an apology, and drop the topic. If he brings up his hair loss, then he needs some re-assurance. When you tease him about it, he will be thinking that it isn't just a bit of teasing. He will take it as a criticism of his appearance for something he can't control.

People are insecure for a multitude of reasons. Don't make fun of them for any reason. Especially if it's something they don't have control over. "LOL, I saw you got cancer!"

I have a pretty thick skin and I have managed to randomly offend people a lot in my younger days by joking about things people had going on. I've just grown away from it as I've gotten older. It always sucked when you were honestly just trying to keep a fun conversation going by joking about something and watching the other person's spirit crash and burn.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
god only made a few perfect heads.the rest he gave hair to cover them up.

I don't know how you guys do it. I shaved my head once- worse thing ever. I do have a nice looking dome, but when working outside all that sweat just rolled into my face. I keep mine at a #3, and that is enough to get some wicking action and cut down on the face sweat.

Put yourself in his shoes and ask if you'd be ok with him teasing you if you were loosing your hair.

No man wants to hear about loosing his hair, just like no woman really wants to know the true answer to "do these jeans make my butt look big?"

You'll be fine, just apologize and explain that you feel bad about it.

This pretty much sums it up. Do onto others...

I'm pretty ticked off at my thinning hair as well. At 31 years old I think I shouldn't be worrying about this for 20-30 more years :) I'm easily ticked off about it honestly.

At some point he's going to have to face the fact that he's going bald. You're helping to accelerate that process, even though it appears to hurt his feelings. I started going bald at 19, so I know more than most guys about what it's like to be the only bald person in a room of your peers. I tried hiding it for years and my wife kept telling me I should just clip my hair short. I did start clipping my hair by the time I was 22, but I wish I would have listened to her earlier. Eventually he'll have to get over it and move on with his life, but you have to find a way to lighten the blow and not be so blunt about it.

Top Bottom