What's new

My Bad

I have been teasing my husband about his thinning hair, but I think he is starting to feel bad about it and I feel baaaadddd about giving him a hard time about it. Is this really something that men get offended about? Now, I have to make it up to him. Any ideas? other than buying him a bottle of Jack Daniels? :tongue_sm

$200.gif

It's odd how some physical features are out of bounds for teasing (e.g., weight, eyesight, missing limbs), but it's almost always open season on hair loss.

I have been teasing my husband about his thinning hair, but I think he is starting to feel bad about it and I feel baaaadddd about giving him a hard time about it. Is this really something that men get offended about? Now, I have to make it up to him. Any ideas? other than buying him a bottle of Jack Daniels? :tongue_sm

offended might not be the right word - how about "hurt"?

presumably he can't do anything about his hair loss... but if he thinks it's important to you - given he can't do anything about it - your teasing might be causing him some insecurity & anxiety.

I don't know that a gift can negate past teases - maybe let him know you love him still (assuming you do) and just stop teasing him?

a fedora would be nice, and yes it hurt me alot when people kept teasing me about my thinning hair when i was 25 until one day i shaved my head and bam instantly looked younger and i guess better looking. then my wife was mad at all the attention i got from other girls, so watch how hard you push him, you may not like the end result. glad your here we need more females here becca

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A bottle of Jack probably won't help. How about a bottle of Rogaine?

Losing ones hair isn't a character flaw, it happens. A LOT. To a LOT of people. It's part and parcel of life.
Might as well rail against grey hair, ear hair, and... what's that thing??...

Oh yeah, forgetfulness.

Last edited:
Put yourself in his shoes and ask if you'd be ok with him teasing you if you were loosing your hair.

No man wants to hear about loosing his hair, just like no woman really wants to know the true answer to "do these jeans make my butt look big?"

You'll be fine, just apologize and explain that you feel bad about it.

You might have hurt him a little. I wouldn't mind, but a lot of people feel bad about that kind of stuff, especially since they can't do anything about it.
Remind him that you love him still and that your comments were just a playful tease. A bottle of Jack wouldn't hurt.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I'm a redhead and I've always thought I would never go grey. Because...how can red hair turn grey?
In fact I was proud of this.

Until I met a man at work whom was completely white headed, he said "wow, love that flattop and hair color. I was a redhead once myself".

My heart was broken.

Now my only redeeming quality is I don't have freckles.

I'm a redhead and I've always thought I would never go grey. Because...how can red hair turn grey?
In fact I was proud of this.

Until I met a man at work whom was completely white headed, he said "wow, love that flattop and hair color. I was a redhead once myself".

My heart was broken.

Now my only redeeming quality is I don't have freckles.
I was very blond (they called it "towhead") when I was a mere wisp of a lad. When I started to get gray I called it "ash blond." Now it's white again...I call it my second childhood. [emoji4]

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My wife asked me if I was losing my hair because my brain was so busy. I said yes, and was that why she couldn't grow a beard?

Top Bottom