What's new

Got my first pipe and had my first smoke

Hey guys and gals,

I put up a post here a couple of weeks ago regarding getting a pipe, I have smoked for years, cigs and cigars but never a pipe. I got a lot of great advice so thanks guys.
Well I got my new pipe, a cob and a pif of a selction of tobacco. Its a great little pipe, perfect for a newbie like myself. Having supposed to be doing domestic jobs in the house I snook out for my first smoke. I read a few old threads and got some tips and then went to town on that pipe. Packed the bowl and lit it up. It was super smooth, realaxing and very enjoyable. No problems at all, it didn't go out and no tongue burning going on.
So thanks guys for all your help, another new obsession under my belt!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Kudos on the success of your first bowl. What kind of 'baccy did you smoke, and what are the samples you have?

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Packed the bowl and lit it up. It was super smooth, realaxing and very enjoyable. No problems at all, it didn't go out and no tongue burning going on.

You must be a prodigy. That was absolutely nothing like my first 200 tries.

cheers guys and hello fellow noob. Forgot to say that the baccy was h&h classic burley kake, lovely stuff. I just want another smoke already.

I enjoy the Burley Kake myself.
I only recently took up the pipe again and dropped a few hundred on new tobacco to try:001_rolle along with half a dozen or so MM pipes and now I see the thread about MM offering churchwarden pipes.

Good luck:lol:

Lot's of us noobie's lately. Can't thank the members here enough for all the help, made it really easy getting started for sure

Congratulations on a successful experience!
cheers mate

I enjoy the Burley Kake myself.
I only recently took up the pipe again and dropped a few hundred on new tobacco to try:001_rolle along with half a dozen or so MM pipes and now I see the thread about MM offering churchwarden pipes.

Good luck:lol:
haha thanks, luckily I haven't got that much money to drop but Im sure I will buy a few things

Lot's of us noobie's lately. Can't thank the members here enough for all the help, made it really easy getting started for sure
I agree.
Glad it went well Chris :thumbup:
You will notice tongue burn easier with aromatics, such as GQ Rum & Honey.
Thanks mate!

Everyone of us has had to start somewhere. Its nice having a god group of people to encourage and support us.

Welcome indeed. For a first bowl that's amazing. When I was a young guy plenty of green stuff went into my bowls so it was a pull as hard as you can type of affair which caused so much tongue bite when I first tried the brown leaf. To get a good run like that on your first bowl is indeed lucky. If future bowls fail you just stick at it as the rewards are beyond belief sometimes. Explore tobacco varieties and just enjoy yourself. And, the rules are, if you don't post lots and lots of photos, we won't believe you. ;-)

Welcome aboard, Chris.

Thanks for having me!

It won't be long before you don't even notice that you have spent hundreds of dollars...

Glad to have you with us!
I didn't think that at first but I have already been looking at that 'wizard' pipe, looks cool as.

Glad to hear it was so enjoyable for you!

Thank you

Okay, now you're just stroking my ego :biggrin:

:laugh:

Welcome indeed. For a first bowl that's amazing. When I was a young guy plenty of green stuff went into my bowls so it was a pull as hard as you can type of affair which caused so much tongue bite when I first tried the brown leaf. To get a good run like that on your first bowl is indeed lucky. If future bowls fail you just stick at it as the rewards are beyond belief sometimes. Explore tobacco varieties and just enjoy yourself. And, the rules are, if you don't post lots and lots of photos, we won't believe you. ;-)

I may have had a similar youth, that why it went well. Its been many a year since that happened though. Yes Im just having fun, trying new baccy and window shopping. I just had my second bowl and nearly burnt my tongue, it nearly had me but I got away with it.

Top Bottom