• DE Only

• SE Only

• Straight and DE

• Straight and SE

• DE and SE

• All 3 frequently

• None- Cart user who enjoys soap and a brush

Results are only viewable after voting.
About 35 shaves into straights, went straight only two weeks ago. Last Wednesday I used a DE on the road. I will never give Up DE completely, but I am trying to use straights only until my skills are fully ingrained.

I use my straight when I have more time, and a DE when I have less. Though I usually touch up my straight shaves with an ATG DE pass as well.

I've never used an SE. The 'Goose is tempting but I don't want to invest in another disposable blade type right now. Maybe later in the year.

I do enjoy straights and DEs. I make time to work with the straight daily but I'll still rely on a DE for travel or if I'm in a rush.

I use all three, but mostly DEs and straights. I have a few SEs, but haven't quite worked them into the rotation as much ... yet.

I only use a DE. I'm curious about other razors and learning more about what's out there every day, but I reckon it'll be quite awhile before I get up the nerve to try to learn with a straight.

DE, Gem-style SE, Auto-Strops and Rolls...and certainly curious about injectors (which I used 45 years ago!) and straights.

Although I have a few straight razors laying around, I have never tried using one. Not sure I ever will. I usually shave with an open comb DE (occasionally a slant or S/B), but I have a collection of GEM's and injectors that I fool around with once in a while when I am feeling adventurous. I just got a Mongoose in the mail this week. My initial experience on yesterday was not good but it was not the razor's fault - I did not have it tightened properly and the blade was loose in the shaver - I noticed this and against my better judgment, I tried shaving with it anyway. I took the day off from shaving today to let my face heal. I figured out what I was doing wrong and tomorrow I am going to give the Mongoose another shot.

i'm investigating at straights but i think its a long way off.
currently looking at ebay for for some SE's.

SE can be had for such a low price that its hard to not buy more then one, I really like The Gem Microcromatic open comb.

Top Bottom