What's new

Need some advice

So I picked up a Razorock Stealth Slant and love how it looks and am interested in the slant idea but to me its just to mild. Right now im using a Fatboy on 9 then 7/8 for cleanup. The Stealth is very smooth and maybe i dont have the technique down but it shaves nowhere near as close as my Fatboy on the higher setting. Is their that much of a technique difference or am I able to shim it? or anything else i can do i really like the style of the slant and would really like to keep it....

Last edited:
I just finished shaving with my Stealth Slant. It is the best razor I own. My first shave with it was not so great. Then I did some research. Many say you really have to watch your angle. Try holding the handle more vertical, about 15-20 degrees. Since the razor is so light, I apply a SLIGHT pressure when shaving. Finally I am using a FEATHER blade. It works so well for me with the FEATHER, I just bought 100 of them at a great price from Italian Barber. This is my 4th shave with the same blade and the results are a great shave with only 2 passes. I go with the grain, then against the grain. I might do a little touch up on my neck area which always give me problems. I also find using a preshave really helps avoid that 3rd pass.
If you are using a Fatboy on 9 which is the most aggressive setting, then maybe you have a real tough beard and just need an aggressive razor.
If you try all the above, and still do not get results, you can sell your Stealth here quickly. Check out the Muhle R41 which is an aggressive open comb razor that might suit you.

Agree. The shaving angle is narrow and more vertical than usual. It likes short strokes and frequent rinsing. Good luck. I love my Kiyara!!!

Top Bottom