What's new

New to DE

Hello All,
Bought a Micro Touch One a few months ago to see if I would enjoy "the process".
(For $20, it even passes WAF). Added a Proraso brush and stayed with Jack Black Beard Lube and/or Supreme creme for now. (Along with the included Dorco Blades). Generally like the shave but slightly closer would be good.

Waiting for next week to get a few blade sampler packs, Proraso Shave Soap to try. (Never had a cheaper holiday list. LOL)

Would like to find a slightly better TTO I "think", though it seems that a 3-piece is sensible as a one razor solution to travel as well.

Hard as hell to choose a razor on the internet without seeing and holding them.

Don't want to make it a hobby, but I AM happy to have the daily ritual.

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the forum. I know what you mean about buying without seeing and holding. But then again, that may be the very thing that has kept my spending down. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Welcome to B&B! Glad to have you along for the journey!! I'm not sure very many of us intended for this to become a hobby, but it does seem to happen quite often :lol:

Hello and welcome to B&B! Great to have you here. Go for a vintage Gillette TTO. Super Speeds are great shavers.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Welcome. I bought a DE for strictly utilitarian purposes. Now, a couple of months later, I'm trying hard to limit my budget for what I want to order next week. Whichever road you take, enjoy!

Hello All,
Bought a Micro Touch One a few months ago to see if I would enjoy "the process".
(For $20, it even passes WAF). Added a Proraso brush and stayed with Jack Black Beard Lube and/or Supreme creme for now. (Along with the included Dorco Blades). Generally like the shave but slightly closer would be good.

Waiting for next week to get a few blade sampler packs, Proraso Shave Soap to try. (Never had a cheaper holiday list. LOL)

Would like to find a slightly better TTO I "think", though it seems that a 3-piece is sensible as a one razor solution to travel as well.

Hard as hell to choose a razor on the internet without seeing and holding them.

Don't want to make it a hobby, but I AM happy to have the daily ritual.

Happy Holidays!
I am certain that you can see a razor on the internet, there are tons of pictures of razors , heres one razor here

proxy.php

however, i am sure that you cant touch it:laugh:.....but if i were you i would just go with the popularity choice and get a Super Speed razor .

Welcome to B&B, we're glad to have you as a member. I have many razors, and also have a Micro Touch one which I love. You may wish to purchase any of the vintage Gillette Tech's off eBay. They are inexpensive, 3 piece, last forever, and are a nice mild to moderate razor. Best wishes.

Welcome aboard.

Alex2363's suggestion of a Gillette Super Speed (there are other TTO's also that are great I'm sure) is a good one. I just got mine today and am impressed with it. Very well made, simple and it's just very cool to shave with a 1950's era razor! They're reasonably priced also. :)

Top Bottom