What's new

Sony shelved "The Interview"

1. Despite the NSA, Facebook and Google + privacy incursions, prosecuting "leakers" and "whistle-blowers," and at the possible cost of being hypocritical, many Americans do indeed have a huge , almost limbic reaction to protecting first amendment rights. The pulling of any movie for any reason gets many of my fellow citizens really hot under the collar, reason be damned.
2. Sure, a private media company's IT system has been invaded and possibly destroyed. This is bad, but not fatal. I think what worries Americans is that if a country that cannot keep the lights on for its population, or even feed them, if this supposedly backward weird realm can invade and destroy a sophisticated company's IT system, what is to stop them from shifting their obviously effective hacking from Sony to, say, a power company?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
When Sony "changes its mind", and decides to stand firm, and release the film anyway, this will go down as the greatest marketing idea in history.

A Seth Rogan film will out box office Titanic. :001_rolle

This was my thought as well .. just some hyper marketing tactics on behalf of what looks to be a pretty lame movie anyway.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What's this then? "People called Americanes, they go, the house"?

That one went right over my head- what is it from? I would like to check it out. The "taunt us a second time" was a Holy Grail reference (Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time).

I'm thinking that perhaps the Nobel Committee may for the first time ever, nominate the government of North Korae for a Nobel Peace Prize for saving the world (on Christmas Day, no less) from perhaps one of the most atrocious looking movies to come down the pike in a long time.

I think it was more that a vast majority of theaters decided they wouldn't show it due to the threats. i think the U.S. government should mount a massive hack attack on the entire North Korean computer infrastructure and bring them to their knees

I think they listened :)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
CNN - 23 Dec 14
"North Korea loses Internet for 9 hours [hmm...I wonder who was the cause of that...a little 'saber-rattling' no doubt
proxy.php
]!
proxy.php

It was "as if North Korea got erased from the global map of the Internet," a digital security expert said. It's unclear what, or who, was behind the disruption.

North Koreans' ability to surf the Internet -- for the few in the reclusive Asian nation who could ever really go online anyway -- is rockier than ever.

Dyn Research reported on Monday that the country's Internet was down, after 24 hours of "increasing instability." It stayed dead for more than nine hours, then came back to life -- but not for long. Half a day later Dyn said it was down again. Then it was back up, at about 1 a.m. Wednesday Pyongyang time (11 a.m. Tuesday ET), the company said.

But the assessment of Dyn, a company that monitors Internet performance worldwide, made earlier Tuesday, did not change: "North Korea continues its struggles to stay online."

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/23/world/asia/north-korea-internet/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp] "The Internet has always been, and always will be...a magic box". [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Marc Andreessen[/FONT]

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Apparently an independent theater in Nashville wrote a letter to Sony asking to if they can show the movie. Along with several other independents across the nation.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I heard on the news this morning that they were going to have a reading of the script in NY today.

Huh? Who are they going to get for the reading, William Shatner?

Top Bottom