What's new

Sony shelved "The Interview"

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I predict the dvd release will be huge.

$Sony.jpg

I think the idea behind the movie was stupid. So I date myself with the following statement, "Names and places were changed to protect the innocent!" That used to be standard fare with any radio show, TV show. Not now. If this were a movie about a fictional dictator of North Korea, I could see it. I don't agree with the making of this film just as I didn't agree with the making of the film about GWB. That being said, now that it's made, we should go ahead and hack North Korea's computer system for all its worth!

I think North Korea did us a favor. Another lame-o Hollywood movie with 2 "stars" I wouldn't pay a nickle to see.

I think North Korea did us a favor. Another lame-o Hollywood movie with 2 "stars" I wouldn't pay a nickle to see.

Given how close North Korea is to Japan, I would not be surprised when the Japanese government put pressure on the Sony executives.

Looks like the latest news is that North Korea is denying they had anything to with hacking and are offering to do a joint investigation with the USA to track down the culprits. I think the USA should partner with North Korea. Maybe it won't lead to anything, but maybe it will...get the culprits, whoever they may be. Also maybe the beginning of a 'glasnost'....which is also good.

As far as censorship, pressuring artists, etc. Well, I don't like censorship, But to fight an important battle over an important issue, because of a movie such as this....makes me wince.

Yes, censorship needs to be fought, but good heavens...too bad there isn't a better example to use.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Looks like the latest news is that North Korea is denying they had anything to with hacking and are offering to do a joint investigation with the USA to track down the culprits. I think the USA should partner with North Korea.

Perhaps they should join forces with the crack team assembled by OJ Simpson to find his wife's killer.

If The Interview was a really, really good flick, Sony wouldn't have backed off releasing it. Or if there was a good chance to be successful. Look at it another way: what if The Interview gets roundly panned? Would the controversy be worth all the potential trouble?

Xmas is the release date for several highly anticipated, high budget movies. With Leviathan, Unbroken, and Into the Woods coming out the same day, the only thing going for The Interview is that it's lighthearted.

Last edited:
Good, well thought out, knowledgeable post.

I believe they call this "irony." It would require knowledge of the evidence of the topic we are talking about and the statement that OJ Simpson made after beating the murder rap. I think Ouch's proclamation makes perfect sense. In other words neither OJ or Kim Jong-un need to look very far for the perpetrator, a mirror would do.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
North Korea said they want a joint investigation with the U.S. and refusal would mean "grave consequences".
No thanks OJ, we'lol be just fine.

The irony is North Korea made a promo where they blow up the White House.

North Korea also offered to do a joint investigation when they shot the house wife tourist and when they sunk South Korea's navy boat the Chonan.

North Korea expects the same result they had form their past bad behavior, more aid and more offers of talks. I have lived next to North Korea for 13 years and their behavior remains the same, the rhetoric the same and their threats are just empty talk. It's just the way Koreans talk, look at the Korean Air nut rage. When Korean fight they are always threatening to kill each other but they don't mean it.

Top Bottom