What's new

Newbie from Ireland - Parker 24C

Hi all,

Have been thinking of joining the DE gang for a short while and bought a DE razor along with brush, Derby blades and cream today. I was recommended (and bought) a Parker 24C as suitable for a beginner but on further investigation I now discover that it is an open comb razor - from what little I have read it seems closed comb is the way to go for newbies - any opinions on whether I should stick with this razor or swop for a close comb model?

Thanks,
Bazz

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Why not give it a try and see how it shaves. If it is not suitable, then you can trade it for another, or keep it until your technique improves.

Welcome here and I agree with the advice below. Open combs are not that fearsome and the shaves are very good. Give it a shot and good luck.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Why not give it a try and see how it shaves. If it is not suitable, then you can trade it for another, or keep it until your technique improves.

I'm out of town from tomorrow until Sunday and don't want to run the risk of being Scarface by shaving tonight so think I'll wait until Sunday at least, have quite a bit of beard growth as I'm lazy about shaving so hopefully all will go well...

Greetings and welcome to B & B!

I am just starting out, and the razor I am using happens to be an open comb. I am taking it slow and easy, and so far its working fine for me.

Take your time and enjoy the wet shaving experience. Best of luck! :)

I'm out of town from tomorrow until Sunday and don't want to run the risk of being Scarface by shaving tonight so think I'll wait until Sunday at least, have quite a bit of beard growth as I'm lazy about shaving so hopefully all will go well...

Keep us posted on your shave result:thumbup:

Welcome from Arizona !

i don't think you will have any more problems with the open comb than you would with a safety bar razor.

Greetings and welcome to B & B!

I am just starting out, and the razor I am using happens to be an open comb. I am taking it slow and easy, and so far its working fine for me.

Take your time and enjoy the wet shaving experience. Best of luck! :)

Okay - this will illustrate just how new I am to DE shaving. My razors are actually closed comb.
I am going to have to try an open comb style now for comparison.

At least now I know the difference. Live and learn...... :)

Welcome aboard! I think you will like the open comb and from what I have read, it is a fairly mild razor and good quality.

Charlie

Top Bottom