What's new

Newbie Checking in from the UK

Hello,

I stumbled across traditional shaving about a year ago whilst looking for shave irritation remedies. After a bit of research and a few starter items later (Murkur 34C HD, TOBS cream and brush set) I was hooked. Like many of you I have transformed a once chore into a fun task that I cannot wait to perform.

I hear a lot of people mention that wet shaving saves money, while this may be true for some, I on the other hand have an impulse buying habit, soft spot for luxury items and enjoy building collections, great for shaving, not so much for my bank balance! The past few months I have dropped £££ on shave gear. One of my recent purchases was the Feather Artist Club DX pearl which I found to be a real gem. The sharpness of the blades and the little pressure required have worked wonders on my shave rash.

I’m pretty sure santa got me:

D R Harris Arlington soap
Musgo Real Balsam
Simpsons Chubby 1 best
Simpsons Colonel X2L best
And I have a custom shave bowl on order - can’t wait to use it all.

What better use for a spare shelf:

$Shave Shelf 3 181214.jpg

So that’s me, I look forward to continuing my quest for the ideal setup and learning tips.

See you around

Nate

Attachments

• $Shave Shelf 181214.jpg
    $Shave Shelf 181214.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 27
Hello and welcome, Nate. Great to have you here. B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers.

Sweet set-up.

Welcome Nate! I think a lot of guys have the same experience: shaving turning in a money-burning hobby. At least, you can always sell off some razors if necessary.

Welcome Nate! Don't forget to join the Hall of Fame! Also, feel free to say hi in the thread linked in my signature: the nascent home of UK shavers and friends on BandB!

Hello,

I stumbled across traditional shaving about a year ago whilst looking for shave irritation remedies. After a bit of research and a few starter items later (Murkur 34C HD, TOBS cream and brush set) I was hooked. Like many of you I have transformed a once chore into a fun task that I cannot wait to perform.

I hear a lot of people mention that wet shaving saves money, while this may be true for some, I on the other hand have an impulse buying habit, soft spot for luxury items and enjoy building collections, great for shaving, not so much for my bank balance! The past few months I have dropped £££ on shave gear. One of my recent purchases was the Feather Artist Club DX pearl which I found to be a real gem. The sharpness of the blades and the little pressure required have worked wonders on my shave rash.

I’m pretty sure santa got me:

D R Harris Arlington soap
Musgo Real Balsam
Simpsons Chubby 1 best
Simpsons Colonel X2L best
And I have a custom shave bowl on order - can’t wait to use it all.

What better use for a spare shelf:

View attachment 531670

So that’s me, I look forward to continuing my quest for the ideal setup and learning tips.

See you around

Nate
Very nice set up, congrats on your success......

Top Bottom