What's new

Guys, help. I think I have a problem now

It started two months ago when I purchased a Merkur 34C and began my DE shaving journey. That sturdy fella has served me well, but then one night, in an hour of vulnerability, I began reading about all-stainless steel razors and ordered myself a Weber PH. Good. Remaining calm. Plenty to work with here.

Until last week. Last week, spending a dangerous amount of time here on B&B, I figured I'd do what so many suggested and check out a vintage Gillette. So I bought a nice-looking 1958 TV Special Super Speed from eBay. Whew. All good.

Until a day later when I couldn't resist a beautifully replated NEW short-comb.

Oh and meantime I had a bid on an original-plating gold NEW long-comb. I mean, I have to compare them, right?

Now this week. This morning, nabbed a red tip, since it's so well loved. Surely it's worth a try, yes?

And now I have bids on a great looking Fatboy and a Slim.

My god. What is happening to me. I think I can stop now. But getting one just made me want another. I haven't even received any of these Gillettes yet. And yet, and yet, I just want to try them all.

I must be stopped. My friends will distance themselves. My family will seek help for me. I've been shaving this way for two months and I'm already in. I'm a goner. And I'm totally stoked to check out all these gorgeous razors!

How can you even compare NEWs without having at least a couple of the English versions? :tongue_sm

My favorites are the silver plated ones, just beautiful!

Welcome to the club. Make sure you have the correct cases and blade holders for your vintage Gillettes. Did I just say that? You may have to re-buy everything now to get them. Ha. Enjoy man...you could be collecting Rolexes or muscle cars. I am in the same boat. I have 25+ vintage razors now and have been at it for less than a year. Wait till you discover the English Gillette's as Edgar alluded to.

If B&B can make someone from "The City by the Bay" appear stranger we are obviously doing something right.

Ugh. I haven't mentioned my fragrance collection yet. That was another problem. The guys on Basenotes would understand. But hey; those are (usually) more expensive than vintage Gillettes. Except for Fat Boys apparently.

Go and have a look at the stainless steel Above the Tie razors...

What ever could you mean? Surely I don't know what you're talking about. Surely I haven't already noted down what I'd choose for my seven-piece ATT set. I would never do that, never!

I think our work is done here now, gents. On to the next member. :whistling:

This is the response I was most afraid of. :tongue_sm

Yep, it happens. I never knew I could get into these razors so heavily. I was fine till I came here, everyone had one (more like dozens) of everything, and the urge to try them is just so overpowering. You want to show them off, you want to try them out, you just want to hold them in your hands, you want this kind, then that, just want, want, want. Its all in good fun, but it sure does turn into an addiction. And watch out for that Pay after Delivery feature on Paypal, man o man, that is not good at all. It sure suckered me into buying tons of razors. Ive actually been thinning out my herd lately, and seem to overlook most razors now, but I have been itching to buy another one, so...I guess it just never ends. :001_smile

when the intervention comes,and it will.just state that you deserve a little me time and go shave.they will leave when they get hungry.

Welcome aboard! You won't find any help in this place, only enablers here!

By the way have seen any of the British Aristocrates?

What???

you mean that you haven't bought a vintage ARISTOCRAT.???

you sir are officially on probation and your membership here is soon to be revoked!!!

Correct your omission immediately!
:lol:

Rhodium British Aristocrats. That's what you really need. Or perhaps a #15 Aristocrat. I think I will start looking for one. Thanks Imatabor, for putting that bug in my head.

Did I hear rhodium, 15, British, Aristocrat, in here?

onethinline - Close your eyes.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 182
Top Bottom