What's new

How much would you pay per shave?

I've been considering getting a tub of ABC cream from Old Town. By most reports, it's the best stuff available.

I don't think I'm ever going to do it.

Not sure I can bring myself to pay around a buck a shave for cream. It just seems crazy when the "good stuff" like CF is half that much, and then all the still-excellent creams and soaps (Speick comes to mind) are half that much again.

I think my max is 0.50 per shave, and even then it's a special thing.

I like the smell of ABC. I got a sample of it with my MdC order from Old Town. It is a great cream.

CF is still my favorite but the ABC is on my list for future Acquisition as something to use on days when I need something different.

Its still cheaper than a cup of coffee, and makes for a better day. A great shave or Starbucks? No contest :thumbup:

Last edited:

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Quality vs. quantity, quite a dilemma.
Carpe diem or "Too much ain't enough"
If anyone has the answer I'd like to hear.
Guitars, watches, pens, cars, razors...but only 1 wife!

Ok, given what I've spent over the past few years on shaving stuff...
And divide that by the number of shaves in the same period of time...
Not a nice number!!
(Ok, even if I can shave for the rest of my life from current inventory.)

Ok, given what I've spent over the past few years on shaving stuff...
And divide that by the number of shaves in the same period of time...
Not a nice number!!
(Ok, even if I can shave for the rest of my life from current inventory.)
Having marveled over Sarimento's SOTD pics, I can well believe that his shave den must be one of the wonders of the wet-shave world.

But even on my much smaller scale, a kazoo solo compared to Sarimento's full symphony orchestra, I can only agree with his main point: to try to figure out the cost-per-shave is a mug's game. I enjoy shaving enough to buy the stuff that works the best for me. Once I have accepted the fact that I really will never need to buy shaving soap or cream again, I'm happier not to spend a second more worrying about expense. That horse has long since left the barn. Besides, my math isn't very good.

Ha! Enjoyed Vespasians comments!
Truth...for a decade I shower-shaved with Williams puck kept in a repurposed Noxzema foam top (perfect fit) and a VdH boar.
Oh, and Trac 2. Certainly pennies per shave. And I enjoyed it! Ignorance was bliss!

Top Bottom