What's new

Pilot VP/ capless

Quick question guys: are all VP nibs the same?
I see engika have models between $84 and $300 - is this just the difference in body and trim?
I'm thinking of getting one of the cheaper ones, but for the sake of the writing experience rather than aesthetics.

Cheers

Quick question guys: are all VP nibs the same?
I see engika have models between $84 and $300 - is this just the difference in body and trim?
I'm thinking of getting one of the cheaper ones, but for the sake of the writing experience rather than aesthetics.

Cheers

In the US market, all VP nibs are 18k gold, but Engieka offers a few with stainless steel nibs.
Outside of the nib price difference, certain VP bodies will require a higher MSRP.

Please note that there is no difference between Pilot VP and Namiki VP. Pilot did not want to use the Pilot name in the US because they felt buyers would associate the name with cheap pens so in the US they use their original name.

Thanx, Soap. I didn't know they offer a steel nib. But to answer your question prices will vary depending on body and trim

You can pick up the whole insides (nib, converter etc.) for around 80 bucks at goulet pens ( no relation other than a satisfied customer). I have both a fine and bold, an swap as the mood/ paper decrees.
great pens.

I didn't even realize the VP is made with anything BUT an 18K nib! My VP has my only gold nib and it is a delight. Sort of glad I didn't know about this as I would have probably tried to "save money" by picking up a steel nib.

Top Bottom