What's new

My new FatBoy. The X-604.

Hi all. I was given a CRUSTY old FatBoy. It was found in my cousins fathers estate and was going to be thrown away until she remembered that I was into old razors.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418915933.258005.jpg

I sent it off to member Captain Murphy, our resident FatBoy guru for a thorough de-funking. Remember that "crusty" part?

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418916030.581773.jpg

After he was done, he shipped it to another member, and close personal friend, Jnyost of EAC Concepts for a trip through the Cerakote process. I wanted it done in matte black and Burnt Bronze. I was actually present and able to assist and document the procedure. First was a pass through the media blaster to prep the parts for the CeraKote. Here are the parts post blast.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418916232.207413.jpg

After that the parts were coated and hung in the oven to cure.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418916314.036396.jpg

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418916352.777207.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418916352.777207.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 356
Nice! What color you going to choose for the numbers? Gold might really pop, or maybe even silver, but that bronze would also look stellar. Sure did turn out great.

The numbers are still up in the air. I'll post a new pic once I decide on on and paint them. Thanks for the accolades.

I love these old razors. My favorite is still my wild found 1911 single ring in its natural silver plate, but I really enjoy taking a run of the mill user grade and seeing it turned into something not seen before. I know some purists may not agree, and that's alright. I wouldn't do it on a double ring or something very rare, but I don't feel too bad taking a $5-$10 razor and breathing new life into it!

I love it! I happened onto a 64 Slim, and I think I'm going to have it done up like your Fatboy. If you could, can you PM the details, and price please?
Did CAP send it off to by coated in parts, then shipped back to him for disassembly?

Top Bottom