What's new

Best DE Razor for less than $35?

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Merkur 1904 is nice if you want a new razor. Mild and easy to handle.

+1

It's also referred to as the Merkur 41c (open comb) and 42c (w/ safety bar). I bought a 42c new for $26. Some people don't like the size and grip of the handle, but I'm starting to be convinced that it's more about the user, than the razor. I love mine and achieve a comfortable BBS shaves quite consistently.

Pearl/Razorock/Cadet makes several models such as TTO, O/C, bar, and travel for within your price criteria. I have a couple and they are very nice.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
As you can see, there are a LOT of nice razors available for 35 bones. Are you looking for anything particular?

As you can see, there are a LOT of nice razors available for 35 bones. Are you looking for anything particular?

Not really. Just something that performs well and is quality made. I'm realizing many things in the wet shaving world are made relatively well. Very few items stand out as cut above the rest IMVHO. It's interesting (and funny at times) to read some folks' analysis and negative criticism. Some of the shaving cream reviews on Amazon are really entertaining. Splitting hairs if you ask me, but to each his/her own.

If you hurry... The Standard Razor in the Bespoke Post "The Barber" box can be had for $31.50 with promo code RESCUE15. I just got mine... And love it. (And no, I don't work for anyone affiliated with them or stand to gain anything from saying that.) The box ships with New York Shaving cream, a Gentleman Jon alum block, a shaving towel, and 2 packs of blades. Damn hard to beat that.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419036236.960648.jpg

That said, I also love my two Maggard Razors. I have the MR17 and the MR6B (same as the MR6 but with a black handle).

Is this for yourself or a gift for a beginning wet shaver? I've never owned this one, but I have other Parkers that are very nicely made, but for a brand new, in the box TTO, the Parker 99 is just beautiful. If I were a Merkur, I would marry it, regardless of what the family might think..

Top Bottom