What's new

A haven for all you Traditional shavers from NYC or surrounding areas!

I honestly stumbled upon this place by shear curiosity and luck IMO. My wife, daughter and I were in Midtown Manhattan purchasing some last minute essentials for our holiday trip back to England. My daughter stated she had forgotten to purchase blades for her DE razor. My daughter does me absolutely proud that she took to learning traditional shaving (same time I did) and dumped the cartridges. She's following in daddy and Lolo's (grandpa's) footsteps.

OK back to subject at hand. We walked into Pastuer's Pharmacy on 34th street between Madison avenue, and Park avenue to quickly see if they carried DE blades (personna lab blue is my daughters blades of choice.) Now before making this thread, I noticed there was one thread about this place back in 2012 so this is mainly for the 2014 newbies and veterans.

Simply put, I could not believe the 4 walls of products they had. I could not even think of one brand I did not see there (minus the small artisan companies). Everything was priced decently, which I found odd being that usually small companies charge more for commercial products, especially in NYC where the store rents are beyond ridiculous. Our jaws dropped for the fact that we had never been to this place or heard of it ironically. Sorry Amazon and other online retailers but no more paying for shipping or waiting to get my stuff, Im going to Pastuer's!

Brushes, soaps, creams, razor's, blades, ect.. All the product's I would never normally find in almost any store (which is why I always bought online) just amazed me at their selection. They had the Semogue 1250 (which I just bought on amazon for $19) on sale there for $13. Had I known this place was here, I could of saved me some money in my journey into Traditional Shaving. Even the Safety Razors I saw, everything from Merkur, EJ, Parker, ect, so extensive of a selection there.

What started out as a quick look into buying blades for $1.99 turned into a shopping spree of $108.87 :thumbup: To any of you who live in NYC, Visit NYC, Holiday in NYC, or just want to come here.. Do stop by this place for all your shaving needs and I promise You will not regret it.

They have two locations:

34th street and Park avenue.

63rd street and Lexington avenue.

Don't feel bad ... it's all in fun!!

I went to Pasteur's when I was in NY in July of 2013. I spent a little over $200 and still haven't opened about half of what I bought!

It's a great place.

I honestly stumbled upon this place by shear curiosity and luck IMO. My wife, daughter and I were in Midtown Manhattan purchasing some last minute essentials for our holiday trip back to England. My daughter stated she had forgotten to purchase blades for her DE razor. My daughter does me absolutely proud that she took to learning traditional shaving (same time I did) and dumped the cartridges. She's following in daddy and Lolo's (grandpa's) footsteps.

OK back to subject at hand. We walked into Pastuer's Pharmacy on 34th street between Madison avenue, and Park avenue to quickly see if they carried DE blades (personna lab blue is my daughters blades of choice.) Now before making this thread, I noticed there was one thread about this place back in 2012 so this is mainly for the 2014 newbies and veterans.

Simply put, I could not believe the 4 walls of products they had. I could not even think of one brand I did not see there (minus the small artisan companies). Everything was priced decently, which I found odd being that usually small companies charge more for commercial products, especially in NYC where the store rents are beyond ridiculous. Our jaws dropped for the fact that we had never been to this place or heard of it ironically. Sorry Amazon and other online retailers but no more paying for shipping or waiting to get my stuff, Im going to Pastuer's!

Brushes, soaps, creams, razor's, blades, ect.. All the product's I would never normally find in almost any store (which is why I always bought online) just amazed me at their selection. They had the Semogue 1250 (which I just bought on amazon for $19) on sale there for $13. Had I known this place was here, I could of saved me some money in my journey into Traditional Shaving. Even the Safety Razors I saw, everything from Merkur, EJ, Parker, ect, so extensive of a selection there.

What started out as a quick look into buying blades for $1.99 turned into a shopping spree of $108.87 :thumbup: To any of you who live in NYC, Visit NYC, Holiday in NYC, or just want to come here.. Do stop by this place for all your shaving needs and I promise You will not regret it.

They have two locations:

34th street and Park avenue.

63rd street and Lexington avenue.

I go to 34th Street all the time, sometimes up 63rd. Here's the real challenge...try to walk out of there without buying something or more then you intended to spend...:thumbup:

I go to 34th Street all the time, sometimes up 63rd. Here's the real challenge...try to walk out of there without buying something or more then you intended to spend...:thumbup:

Did this twice this year! Very proud of myself. Almost made it 3 but when I informed them that smallflower had the TFS yellow for $8 less than they did they made a price adjustment (not the full $8, but not having shipping kind of evened it out).

Thats exactly what happened lol Spent over a hundred when we only intended to spend $2 lol I'm definitely going back when I return home

Did this twice this year! Very proud of myself. Almost made it 3 but when I informed them that smallflower had the TFS yellow for $8 less than they did they made a price adjustment (not the full $8, but not having shipping kind of evened it out).

Oh thats awesome! I didn't know they would price match, My brother wants a Merkur 34C but in Pastuer's its $46 and on amazon its $38 If they're willing to price match id prefer to buy from Pastuers.

Top Bottom