What's new

What is in your coffee roaster today?

I did a batch of the last of 5lbs of Papaua New Guinea Kimel A this morning.
Yielded just over a pound (500 gr) which is about as much as one can do in one batch using a stir crazy / convection oven set up.

This was roasted just to City.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
My latest roast was of a nice Ethiopian Lekempti that I bought from greencoffeebuyingclub.com. It is quite interesting in that it's from a different region than the more well-known Harrars and Yirgacheffes; I believe it's closer to Kenya and has some interesting winey acidic notes like a Kenyan but with the typical Ethiopian leather and fruit flavors too.

Yum.

I actually roasted yesterday, but what the heck...

I did 5 batches:

100 gram of Sumatra

100 gram of colombia (for my wife - she loves it..)

100 g of harrar for work (every wed I take in a different coffee and we have a weekly 'coffee circle')

blend of Peru and Costa Rica CUpof Excellence SLGA (from sweet marias)

1 pound of espresso - Brazil, El Salvador and Harrar (*based on a blend I learned from a barista here in Vancouver BC who had the inside track on the components of Hines (Seattle) espresso in 2006....)

the small batches were roasted in a Poppery 1 (split wired)
the espresso was roasted in my stir crazy / convection oven setup

all small batches roasted to 465 F - a light Vienna raost, and the espresso was just a tad darker

it was a busy day

Barry

I'm roasting 400 grams at a time, so this isn't a daily thing. My last roast was Rwanda Gkongoro Nyarusiza, from Sweet Marias, stopped the roast at a rolling 2nd crack (FC+). Very nice.

Tomorrow's will be Peru FTO Cuzco - Ccochapampa Coop, also from Sweet Marias. If you like your coffee with a hint of chocolate, I'd really recommend this coffee.

I'm at the tattoo shop, on a break while having my right shin finished. When I get home, I'll roast a half-pound (each) of Kenya Nyeri -- Ruiruiru Peaberry and Java Monsooned Arabica.

Earlier this afternoon, I ordered two-pounds (each) of Yemen Mokha Ismaili, Yemen Mokha Mattari, Sumatra Blue Batak "Tarbarita" Peaberry, and India Anohki -- all from Sweet Maria's (and those in the first paragraph, too).

I roasted some Panama Boquete Organic Los Lajones over the weekend. About City/City +, I'm not very impressed, kind of a grassy body. I'm going to roast it a little darker next time and see what happens.

I roasted some Panama Boquete Organic Los Lajones over the weekend. About City/City +, I'm not very impressed, kind of a grassy body. I'm going to roast it a little darker next time and see what happens.
Is that the same coffee the greencoffee.coop had a month or so ago?
If so it tastes real good to me @ just to the onset of 2nd crack IMHO.

I did a batch of Sumatran Lintong. I took it to a rolling 2nd crack which was FC+. Initial tasting shows some real promise.
Ken.

Is that the same coffee the greencoffee.coop had a month or so ago?
If so it tastes real good to me @ just to the onset of 2nd crack IMHO.

I got it from Sweet Marias. The guidelines from them said it was best at City+, but I think a darker roast would help it a bit. Although, the cup I made this morning was a better experience.

I got it from Sweet Marias. The guidelines from them said it was best at City+, but I think a darker roast would help it a bit. Although, the cup I made this morning was a better experience.

Absolutely, go darker on that one. I'd aim for FC+ as I thought the same, that it was pretty green on the light side.

My latest batch was Columbia Antioquia Supremo 13353 to FC. This bean tastes darker than it is, and if I had any more (which I don't), I'd go City+.

Absolutely, go darker on that one. I'd aim for FC+ as I thought the same, that it was pretty green on the light side.

My latest batch was Columbia Antioquia Supremo 13353 to FC. This bean tastes darker than it is, and if I had any more (which I don't), I'd go City+.

I fired some more of the Panama up to a FC+ish, it was better but kind of meh.

Who poured the sugar on you? :lol:

I did a couple of batches of Kowali Kona today.
Glad to hear that Sweet Marias has Yemeni's in stock again.

Top Bottom