What's new

Do Straight Razors behave like major appliances?

Allow me to explain. I have this habit of *looking* or *touching* a major appliance around the holiday time when shopping and as soon as I do this (it is predictable yearly) the corresponding appliance in my house seems to be able to sense my unfaithfulness and promptly exhibits some horrible malady requiring it to be immediately, and expensively, replaced. I know this phenomenon is real.

My problem is I've been now happily straight shaving for about 50+ shaves, and getting pretty good at it, with a nice 5/8 Wiss I got. Nothing fancy, but I like this little razor. I do own one other razor that I bought cheap, for the sole purpose of eventually learning to hone on. I thought I was doing a good job of keeping the acquisition disorders in check..

Today I wandered into a place that had razors. and I put a nice Boker King Cutter in my hand.. it *sings* - I can tap the blade and it's like a tuning fork... My musician ears appreciate this.. No, I didn't buy it...

Am I in for a rough time tomorrow morning from my razor? Is there a way to stop the acquisition disorders before they start in earnest?

Go back and buy it so that your Wiss will have some company for those long, long hours between shaves.

Awesome to see there is so much group support here for acquisition disorder therapy..

I probably would have pulled the pin if it wasn't too expensive for what it was, and my thinking about SWMBO's reaction to this purchase a few weeks before Christmas....

My razors get lonely if they don't get a new friend every few months, they shave better if they are kept happy :)

Razors know what you're thinking.
As long as you never 'think' that the newly found razor is going to be 'better' than the others. You're fine.

Top Bottom