What's new

o everyone was right

Excellent job on the strop. I have the same one. I saw advice on this forum for fixing the few minor nicks in my strop. I was told to use an emory board. I tried it and it worked well. Thanks for sharing.

I sand every brand new leather strop , that i made . They work faster and beter when the leather is fine naped.I bett your strop works better that way , sanded and with oil . I have seen such old and sanded from use strops , that work amazingly .I am sure that there is no need to break in the strop .
Man after cuts like those . you have to rehone every each one of your razors . not kidding or you could nick your skin that way with a blunt edge .

Thanks everybody and ya the strop is alot faster now and i think bettet than before!i got a flawed poor man strop im abought to do the same thing to it.

Nice job on saving it!
Today I was rushing, lost my attention and completely butchered my strop.
Good grief!!!
This is beyond saving unless I wanted to turn it into a 2.5" strop.
I thought I'd developed a safer (even if less efficient) technique by not doing a round trip, i.e. I'd do multiple passes the same direction before flipping and doing the other side. Any thoughts on that technique, assuming one doesn't pull a bonehead move like I did?

Nice job on saving it!
Today I was rushing, lost my attention and completely butchered my strop.
Good grief!!!
This is beyond saving unless I wanted to turn it into a 2.5" strop.
I thought I'd developed a safer (even if less efficient) technique by not doing a round trip, i.e. I'd do multiple passes the same direction before flipping and doing the other side. Any thoughts on that technique, assuming one doesn't pull a bonehead move like I did?

tbh seems like a lot of wasted movement, in the time it takes you to pick up the razor and head back to the starting line you could have flipped it on its spine and stropped the opposite direction/side. but to each their own. if you are comfortable doing it that way then by all means who am i or anyone else to say stop.

doesn't seem safer to me
rather than having to lift the edge or the whole razor to travel edge leading back to other end of strop, feels safer to flip and drag it back edge trailing
of course, i have several pieces of ex cow that will attest by their tattered condition that what works in theory ain't neccesarily so in reality....:blushing:

Just do it slow and do it correctly but do it a lot. Then before you know it you are zipping along like a pro. Muscle memory takes time and practice.

Hahahaha im too embaressed to post my first strop homemade my second one out of scrap leather from michaels gave that one a slashing out of a horror movie too fixed it up and finaly after all that got a tony miller and i love it thank god those days are over youll get it practice makes perfect great job fixin her up

Top Bottom