What's new

question for Penhaligon's fans

I recently purchased Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream and I really like the scent but before I spend the money for a bottle of the cologne I wanted some opinion of those who tried both, does the cologne smell similar to the shaving cream or is it a different scent as I have read of some shave creams that aren't too similar to there cologne and or after shave version. Also any opinions on their after shave would be appreciated as well.

I use the BB aftershave and I quite like it. It lasts a long time, and, of course, the scent is magnificent. I have never tried the A/S balm, but I would like to one day.

I have heard there soaps and creams are excellent, but I have never had the impulse to try them. Instead, I prefer to use products that are dedicated to one thing. I don't think one is that much further ahead with using the shave cream version of their favorite scent. I know that some people say you can "layer" the scent, but I would think you get plenty enough scent in the cologne or aftershave you use. And after all, you wash off your soaps and creams. By themselves they leave very little scent.

This is not to say that I would turn down a free tube or tub of anything from Penhaligons:lol:. Its all great stuff.

I would just rather pay a fraction of the cost and get good soaps from Mamanear, or good creams from Proraso or even TOBS, which are excellent creams for less than half the cost of Penhaligons.

But for the record, Blenheim Bouquet is one of the finest frangrances ever made.

I prefer the scent of the Blenheim Bouquet cream over the BB cologne. I've not tried the aftershave, so cannot comment on that.

The BB cologne has a somewhat heavier scent (same as the cream, but heavier) and it lasts all day. I don't like smelling like BB all day - it eventually begins to annoy me.

I prefer the scent of the Blenheim Bouquet cream over the BB cologne. I've not tried the aftershave, so cannot comment on that.

The BB cologne has a somewhat heavier scent (same as the cream, but heavier) and it lasts all day. I don't like smelling like BB all day - it eventually begins to annoy me.

I honestly haven't tried the shaving cream, but the shaving soap is the best shaving soap I've ever used. I find it impossible to get now, I've been back-ordered since December, sadly. It seems to capture the notes I like about BB pretty well, and is superbly creamy and slick.

The after shave balm I'm not a fan of. It seems to flatten the beautiful, complex BB scent into a few "hard" notes, mostly pine. I find it harsh, and it fades too easily.

But the BB EdT is just wonderful. Lasts a long time on me, with complex layers of scent, very masculine, but can be strident if I use too much. I tend to wear BB mostly for me, it's very personal, and I don't much care what others think of it. Some scents I wear because I like them, but I'm also maybe shooting for some reaction from others. But BB is just for me, and wears close to the skin, on me anyway. The scent of quiet confidence, grace, and power.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Blenheim Bouquet scent is unique in that the cream smells better than the cologne, and the cologne smells better than the cream. If you think that this creates a circular loop of ever increasing bliss, it does.

Of all the houses ,believe that Penhaligons does the best job across the product line keeping the scent familiar ,if not exactly the same, Ouch you left a few out- bath soap, talc,deodorant, shave soap,shave cream,AS splash AS balm, shampoo,conditioner,body wash, bath oil,skin cream,EDT.... now that a circle of love right there!

Of all the houses ,believe that Penhaligons does the best job across the product line keeping the scent familiar ,if not exactly the same, Ouch you left a few out- bath soap, talc,deodorant, shave soap,shave cream,AS splash AS balm, shampoo,conditioner,body wash, bath oil,skin cream,EDT.... now that a circle of love right there!

With a setup like that I'd never get out of the shower. I'd just need a waterproof laptop and a wireless connection.:w00t:

I've tried many of the Pen EdT's and several of the Bath Soaps. The BB EdT was nice but wasn't my top favorite of Pen's scents (Opus 1870!), however, the BB bath soap was by far my favorite scent of the lot.

I have no experience with the shave soap but the bath soap is quite strongly scented (thought no overpowering) and is more of a mellow blending of the accords present in the EdT, not having the crisper edges of the Pine and Citrus.

My wife wasn't impressed with the EdT but did like the bath soap. She even used the soap a few times herself but then got her own soap commenting that she "didn't want to go around smelling like a man all day".

Top Bottom